Are you looking to make a real difference?
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Specialist in our Order Management team to work in our St. Louis, MO facility.
Full Time position working 3rd shift hours…. 11PM-7:30AM Sunday-Wednesday
In this position, you will provide customer assistance in ordering blood and plasma derivatives and transfusion-related products and supplies. Maintain hospital inventory and return blood products within regulatory compliance.
1. Receive routine orders for a variety of blood and pharmaceutical products and transfusion-related supplies. Follow appropriate procedures ensuring accurate order entry and order fulfillment. Make follow-up calls if product needs cannot be met as expected.
2. Maintain/work with data, tools or computer programs to facilitate management and monitoring of product and service information.
3. Provide customer service to clients. Proactively communicate with hospital customers to increase customer satisfaction.
4. Maintain positive and professional communications, both internally as well as externally to provide regular product/service information and follow-up; promote teamwork.
5. Assist hospital personnel with inventory alternatives when requested products are unavailable within established guidelines and procedures that assist the customers and the patient.
Pay Rate – around $13 an hour + shift differential
High school diploma or equivalent required. Minimum two years of progressive experience in a dynamic, multi-task operational environment preferred. Experience in blood or pharmaceutical inventory management/hospital customer relations/logistics is preferred. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Outstanding interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of customers and staff (paid and volunteer). Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to handle multiple priorities effectively. Problem solving and analytical skills. Working knowledge of computers.
Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends.
The American Red Cross offers full-time benefits packages inclusive of health-care plan options, 401K and PTO.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights