Under moderate supervision, repair, calibrate, and maintain all types of biomedical equipment, devices, instruments, and systems with basic to moderate complexity. Inspect, install, and provide preventive maintenance of general and complex biomedical equipment.
1. Perform a variety of routine and complex tasks associated with the installation, service and calibration of a diverse range of biomedical equipment and instrumentation.
2. Assist in the support of a systematic preventive maintenance program for biomedical equipment and instrumentation which may include entry into Computerized Maintenance Management System.
3. Install, qualify, maintain service, modify, troubleshoot, safety test, and calibrate a variety of biomedical equipment and instrumentation by interpreting engineering and vendor information, schematic diagrams and graphic illustrations.
4. Diagnose and correct system or equipment malfunctions by repairing or replacing parts to ensure that biomedical equipment and internal circuitry meets specified requirements. Make necessary calculations for computing circuit elements necessary to adjust circuitry to specified requirements as instructed.
5. Provide technical assistance and instruction to personnel in the operation and maintenance of equipment. Provide recommendations regarding purchase of biomedical equipment and instrumentation.
Associates Degree and two years experience in electronics, computer science, and mechanical or electro-mechanical repair required; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Or documented high level performance as an American Red Cross Biomedical Equipment Tech I. Ability to read color codes on wiring and electrical components. Ability to comprehend and follow both written and oral instructions. Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, biomedical and medical staff, and the general public. A basic knowledge of e-mail, database management, spreadsheet, and word processor applications. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays if necessary. Ability to keep neat and accurate records. Must be willing to be multi-task trained. A valid Drivers license with a good driving record. Ability to take support call.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights