The American Red Cross’ Service to the Armed Forces Hero Care Center, serves military members and their families worldwide, with one phone number 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, 7 days a week. The Hero Care Center is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with two options for requesting assistance, online and by phone. By collecting and verifying accurate information, we are able to assist in making decisions for emergency leave, and serve as an overall resource for veterans and their families. We also provide current military member with emergency financial assistance in situations in circumstances where they qualify.
Our SAF Hero Care Center in Ft. Sill has an amazing career opportunity available for a full-time Call Center Caseworker on first shift. The 1st shifts runs from 7am-3:30pm, on a rotating day schedule.
SAF Caseworkers are part of the Emergency Call Center, which provides 24-hour emergency communications and casework services, including access to financial assistance, emergency notifications and other services offered to members of the U.S. military and their families. Responsibilities in this role include collecting client intake information, verification and delivery of emergency messages, communication and follow-up with family members, military staff and other involved parties. Client needs are often sensitive in nature and require you to be compassionate, have a spirit to help and able to remain calm under stressful situations.
1. Interviews callers and coordinates requests for service to include recording all client information in the case management system; determining eligibility for American Red Cross services; assessing client needs; and providing appropriate services to clients.
2. Performs outbound activities including obtaining verifications, delivering messages, coordinating case management services with the jurisdictional chapter/station, and/or providing other follow-up actions needed for complete and timely client service.
3. Understands and applies Red Cross and SAF policies consistently and correctly.
4. Composes and delivers emergency communication messages to domestic and overseas locations. Sends messages for delivery to deployment locations and ships at sea using military networks.
5. Provides financial assistance to clients on behalf of military aid societies in accordance with the National Memorandum of Understanding.
6. Understands and applies Red Cross and SAF policies consistently and correctly.
7. Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social or health science, personnel administration, business or public administration, computer science or related field is preferred. Equivalent education and relevant work experience in human/social services, customer or client services, call center or other customer/client services experience will be considered in lieu of formal education/college degree. Equivalent education and experience examples include a 2 year degree plus 2 years of applicable experience, or a high school diploma with 4 years of applicable experience.
Experience: Prefer minimum one year of experience in addition to educational requirements listed previously.
Skills and Abilities: Applicants must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and typing speeds of 40 wpm or higher. Both speed, accuracy and grammatical competence is factored into overall typing abilities. Applicants should be able to demonstrate strong computer skills, to include use of Internet search tools, Intranet, and Microsoft Office Suite. Experience in using an electronic customer relationship (CRM) or Case Management System (CMS) or similar customer centric relational database is also strongly preferred.
Other: Ability to apply active listening skills and employ reasoning and questioning strategies to capture, analyze, interpret and synthesize information from clients, staff, and management. Strong customer service skills reflecting a sound knowledge of telephone and in-person etiquette and pleasant and friendly manners respectful of human dignity. Must be adept at multi-tasking and have the ability to shift focus as operational, service delivery and staff needs demand. Demonstrated ability to treat people with respect under all circumstances and instill trust in others while upholding the values and principles of the American Red Cross.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights