Identifies, engages, cultivates, solicits, and stewards current and prospective donors in expanding their financial support of the work of the American Red Cross. Responsible for meeting an annual revenue target by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization and assist donors in creating meaning in their lives through giving to the American
Red Cross. As required, serve as operational resource to less experienced team members to ensure consistent and effective implementation of donor development plans.
1. Strategy: Develops and executes ongoing strategy for qualifying donors in extensive donor discovery, retention and growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Works collaboratively with other departments and partners with development staff at the National Office to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and
interests of the donor/prospect.
2. Fundraising Targets and Portfolio Management: Manages an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to discover donor potential. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop aggregate donor management plans resulting in primarily
phone interaction and local face to face solicitation. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters. Serve as mentor/informal leader to less experienced team members and operational resource in the areas of retention and strengthening donor relationships.
3. Prospect Development: Implements programs/activities to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $2,500 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the America Red Cross. May work with community Board members and other leadership volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward appropriate donors. Updates donor records in region and/or district
database and Salesforce following donor contacts.
4. Relationship Development: Accountable for cultivating relationships of individual and organizational fundraising with focus on retention, recapture and growth. Responsible for new business development and the need to steward donor relationships until annual hand off of accounts occurs which meets channel design and donor centric principles.
5. Other: Participates in disaster relief fundraising projects as appropriate. .
6. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintain a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
7. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the mission of the American Red Cross.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum five sales and/or fundraising experience required. Experience in qualifying donors through donor discovery and proven success with straightforward requests is required.
Management Experience: None required.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent organizational, verbal and written skills required. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the
highest customer service orientation.
Travel: Requires frequent travel within the Region. The amount will vary depending upon size and
geography of region.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights