As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
We are currently seeking an Administrative Specialist for our Kentucky Region. This position will be based in our Lexington, Kentucky Chapter. This is a full time, hourly position!
The Wheels program is in need of and obligated by contractual agreement to maintain a system of record keeping. This position will assist the Director of Community Services in all administrative functions including validation of trip information required by contractor as well as administrative functions pertinent to the daily operations of the Community Service program.
Coordinates and serves as a resource for daily operations of a Chapter program or service. Acts as a liaison between program or service and its internal and external partners.
1. Implements and coordinates the day-to-day functions that support program or service operations. Supports Community Services leadership in coordinating Volunteer Services casework activities throughout Chapter departments, programs and services. Responds to general inquiries. Schedules and coordinates requests for community-based presentations.
2. Participates on small scale projects which require researching issues, information, data collection, and development of recommendations. Supports leadership in coordinating educational and outreach programs. Participates in recruitment, orientation and training activities for Community Services volunteers.
3. Develops workable program or service implementation plans.
4. Maintains records, reports and statistical data in accordance to National and Chapter standards. Provides court appointed volunteers and courts with activity reports as needed.
5. Collects preliminary client information and refers client to appropriate Red Cross and community services.
6. Independently resolves minor problems and issues which may impact program or service delivery or outcomes.
7. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expect that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
8. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Education: High School or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum 2-4 years of administrative experience. Ability to manage multiple priorities and have strong skills in planning and problem-solving. Ability to perform tasks with minimal direction and supervision.
Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates attention to detail. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Maintains confidentiality. Works with integrity and ethically. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel: May involve work in the field.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please apply at:
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights