We are looking for Special Inspectors or Technicians that are certified in any of the following: ACI Level 2 or ICC Special Inspection or ICC Structural Masonry, ICC Structural welding, ICC Structural steel and bolting, ICC Reinforced Concrete or NICET asphalt, concrete or soils.
You will observe contractors on construction sites and perform basic field and concrete tests under the direction of other technicians or engineering professionals to ensure that testing, sampling, or inspection is performed consistent with project specifications. With minimal paperwork involved, all observations and test data is input on smart phones in the field for immediate transmittal to our Project Managers for review. Engineering background desired but not required.
- Collect samples of concrete and construction materials in the field to measure physical characteristics
- Perform a variety of tests on construction materials including , aggregates, concrete/mortar/grout, using materials-testing equipment
- Read construction documents to determine project details and specifications
- Neatly and accurately complete all required paperwork, including daily reports, test reports and timesheets – in a timely manner
- Record and report test results after performing mathematical calculations, making graphical solutions and graphical representations
- Communicate orally and in writing with engineers and staff members, agency representatives, contractors and business and property owners
- Perform maintenance/cleaning of equipment and calibration and adjustments as need
- Adhere to construction site safety guidelines and promotes a safe working environment
- Comfortable using MS Office applications (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Inspection of construction operations
- Must be punctual, reliable with good attention to detail
- Must be able to climb ladders, bend, crawl, push and pull, stretch, sit, walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- High school diploma or GED required
Civil & Structural Engineering, Concrete and Masonry, Building-Construction Inspection, Technical Customer Service