Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
The Disaster Finance team supports the domestic disaster program (Disaster Cycle Services). This position will engage with other finance and disaster programmatic staff to resolve complex issues and work a minimum of one disaster operation annually at the disaster operation location.
This position will lead another employee in supporting Disaster Cycle Services in its Fairfax, VA located Disaster Operations Coordination Center (DOCC) of national headquarters. Successful candidate must work at the Fairfax office with very few days as options for work from home as significant proportion of work will be done face to face with Disaster Cycle Services. Candidate should be prepared to regularly work after hours and weekends in Fairfax with frequency especially but not limited to hurricane season.
- Finance point of contact for Disaster Cycle Services DOCC staff for ongoing disaster relief operations.
- Supervise one employee.
- Frequently attend Daily briefing with Disaster Cycle Services.
- Assist finance teams of paid and volunteer staff that are deployed to Level IV and higher disaster operations
- Provide financial and statistical information for use in management, stewardship reports and in the audited financial statements.
- Advocate and support the use of Red Cross finance products (i.e. Pcards, Ariba) during disaster operations
- Provide guidance to Disaster Cycle Services on finance-related matters
- Deploy to a minimum of one Level IV or greater disaster operations annually
- Work with Disaster Cycle Services to support the creation of Level IV or greater disaster operation budget development (when budget creation is requested by NHQ).
- Work with the Supervisor and other Sr. Analyst to process payments for Recovery programs.
- Keep members of Disaster Finance staff informed of issues and/or emerging trends that impact the team’s work activity
- Serves as a change agent when engaging with stakeholders using persuasion skills to reach positive solutions.
- Integrate and guide volunteers in completing disaster finance activities.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the American Red Cross, Finance Department and Disaster Cycle Services.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
Travel: 10% - 20%
Position will be physically located in Fairfax, VA to support Disaster Cycle Services clients.
- Prior supervisory experience of employees is desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field or equivalent related experience. Minimum of five years of work experience in related field.
- Experience in finance/ business analysis/ operations/ project support/ client relationships is highly desired. knowledge of accounting principles, budgeting, internal controls, and automated accounting systems also beneficial. Knowledge of American Red Cross programs is desired.
- Must be flexible, adaptive, and a problem solver while working with in person and remote staff in a fluid and ever changing environment. Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills while interacting with staff at many levels of the organization. Ability to serve as a team member that integrates financial and business analysis into effective program management.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to clearly explain finance concepts to non-finance colleagues.
- Proficient in computer skills including knowledge of spreadsheet and other software applications necessary. Highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, unstructured environment and work toward building structure for the steady state.
- Flexibility to travel in the United State periodically on short notice.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights