Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. Maintain manual and computer records associated with production or testing. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Comply with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) if required.
This is a full time position providing customer service to hospital clients; shipping and receiving of blood products, and inventory management of fresh and frozen blood products.
Learn more about the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video:
The Men and Women Behind Our Mission
- Receive routine orders for a variety of blood and pharmaceutical products and transfusion-related supplies.
- Assist hospital personnel with inventory alternatives when requested products are unavailable within established guidelines and procedures that assist the customers and the patient.
- Rotate inventory of remote and primary facilities to ensure adequate supplies of products for the needs of customers.
- Monitor temperatures for blood products in refrigeration units to maintain temperatures consistent with internal and external regulatory requirements.
- May select and pack blood products for distribution.
- This position is a very active position that involves lifting items in excess of 50 Lbs.
- Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department.
Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
7Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing and shipping process. May perform customer service or inventory management as requested.
- May perform management of sample tubes.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples.
Perform review of manufacturing records.
Perform other related duties as required.
- High School diploma, plus two years’ experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; or demonstrated successful performance as a Manufacturing Technician I.
- College studies or technical training in science or medical technology or the equivalent is preferred.
- Manufacturing technicians working in Distribution or Plasma Sample Management positions may require a valid driver's license.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
The duties are representative of the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc. when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires. Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights