Develop and implement effective methods to recruit and retain sufficient numbers of regulated and non-regulated line volunteers to meet operational needs within assigned jurisdiction. Recruit individuals directly or indirectly through the support of participating chapter efforts. Implement and coordinate training requirements. Develop volunteer recognition programs.
1. Identify, develop and implement creative strategies and recruitment methods to attract and retain a sufficient pool of regulated and non-regulated volunteer staff to maintain efficient operations.
2. Coordinate and implement training programs and communications to ensure ongoing pool of appropriately trained volunteers to comply with ARCBS directives, the Code of Federal Regulations and other regulatory requirements and operational changes.
3. Develop and implement effective recognition programs for volunteers to ensure a stable, ongoing pool of volunteers.
4. Coordinate activities and scheduling with appropriate personnel to ensure positive donor experience and smooth, efficient collections operations.
5. Maintain accurate records to provide tracking and statistical data on individual and group volunteer performance.
6. May be responsible for coordination of blood component pick ups by volunteer transportation specialists from collection site to regional center.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or equivalent related experience required. Minimum one year related experience required. Knowledge of group dynamics, direct sales, negotiation skills, and the ability to effectively implement programs is preferred. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including training and presentation skills is required. Computer knowledge is preferred. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights