We are currently seeking a General Maintenance Technician II in Salt Lake City, Utah!
Performs repairs and maintenance in plant or office facilities, or on machines and equipment. Typically performs work in one or more of the maintenance trades: carpentry, plumbing, painting, machine and equipment repair, electrical, sheet metal fabrication, and welding. Conducts routine, periodic, or special inspections to determine repair and maintenance work necessary to prevent breakdowns of facilities, machinery, and equipment. Uses hand and power tools. Tests, inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs machines and equipment. Uses blueprints, sketches, layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings, and specifications. May train or check the work of other facilities staff.
1. Maintain and repair organization's facilities and properties involving routine tasks and responsibilities.
2. Correct minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and structural problems.
3. Repairs mechanical, electrical, plumbing or building services equipment.
4. Paint structures and equipment as needed.
5. Patches minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings. Repairs or replaces concrete floors, steps and sidewalks. Paints structures and equipment as needed.
6. May move and store furniture and equipment.
7. Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
8. Operate and service boilers, chillers, motors, fans, pumps and related mechanical equipment.
9. Estimate time and material costs of various projects. Requisition new supplies and equipment.
10. May perform snow removal functions when required.
11. May drive vehicle to other locations.
12. Document installation and repairs as required by regulatory agencies.
13. Perform other related duties as necessary.
High school diploma plus three to five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.required. Related experience includes skill and knowledge of painting, HVAC, carpentry, plumbing, masonry and electrical work is required. May require a trade license, a valid driver's license and clean DMV record. Must have basic writing and communication skills. May be required to have basic computer skills.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights