Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical
setting training experience for students
• Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills, and knowledge base of students in
classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student
• Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by
state and federal regulations and American Red Cross policy
• Responsible for efficient and effective use of all supplies and materials
maintaining appropriate controls for loss reduction and documenting replacement
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with clinical sites and staff to
provide a comprehensive and safe learning environment for students
• Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner, meeting
• Meets 100% compliance for record keeping and program delivery requirements
• Engages in regular effective communications with students, staff, and other
stakeholders regarding programmatic changes and quality management issues.
• Supports program completion activities such as graduation, recognition
ceremonies and student development activities as requested
• Remains current on state regulations and training standards
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to successfully complete appropriate instructor training as required by
American Red Cross and the state. Experience with adult education preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to travel to training and clinical sites
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
• Knowledge of federal and state requirements of the programs offered
• Technical knowledge and expertise in the area of long term care
• Ability to work with diverse populations, including students with a wide range of
abilities and backgrounds
• Current license as a nurse in state where teaching will occur; RN/BSN
• Two years’ experience as a nurse with at least one year’s experience
working in a long term care facility
• Adult education experience preferred
• Must meet state minimum nursing and teaching experience requirements
• See addendum for additional specific state requirements regarding
licensure, education, experience, training, etc.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights