Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Provides direct nutrition services to individual clients and small groups enrolled in the WIC Program. Certifies WIC participants; interprets WIC services to the community; functions in various positions as needed; complies with ARC WIC policies and procedures; and performs related duties as may be assigned.
This position is located in the WIC Linda Vista Office
Provides nutrition education to WIC participants to assure quality service 80%
- Determine the medical/nutritional risk of applicants/participants by evaluating anthropometric, biochemical, dietary and other health-related data.
- Prescribe supplemental foods.
- Implement the Nutrition Education Plan and related curriculums.
- Make decisions to disqualify participants
- Coordinate and deliver individual and group nutrition education encounters consistent with participants category, language, and nutrition intervention level in the program.
- Communicate with participant's health care provider as needed for continuation of quality service.
- Provides counsel on nutritional and health-related problems in an empathetic manner, observing sound nutritional practices and participant confidentiality.
- Makes available information pertaining to community resources to clients.
- Work in various office positions to support co-workers and participants
- Accurate interpretation of WIC policies and procedures are provided formally and informally
- Contact participants to re-schedule missed appointments
Promote and interpret WIC services to the Community 19%
- Accurate interpretation of WIC policies and procedures are provided formally and informally.
- Participates in outreach activities as needed
Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the mission of the American Red Cross and WIC 1%
- Complies with all fiscal and operational requirements prescribed by the American Red Cross and the State WIC Branch, including those outlined in Red Cross employee handbook.
- Contributes to agency’s caseload, breastfeeding promotion and support, and other department goals.
- Implements changes as determined by audits in a positive and professional manner
- Trained in Disaster Response in accordance with skill set
Education: Graduation from a four year college or university with a degree in Nutrition, Dietetics or other Nutrition related field.
- Knowledge of the WIC program and maternal child health preferred.
- Must have experience working with the public.
- Must have the ability to work well in a fast paced environment and to work with a multi-cultural staff and participant population.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required.
- Able to teach groups of people about various topics.
- Bilingual preferred.
The employee must be able to perform the following tasks, among others: Employee must demonstrate ability to work effectively with others (including co-workers, customers, and others) by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; keeping others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; and addressing the diversity of our work force in actions, words and deeds.
Travel: May require some travel.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights