Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The International Services Coordinator will actively tell the Red Cross Story to promote involvement from the community so that people can receive the help they need regardless of where in the world they are from. A large majority of the clients receiving Red Cross services are low-income individuals (such as immigrant and refugee populations) who might otherwise be unable to obtain these services. As part of an international network dedicated to saving lives, the Red Cross is in the unique position to engage our community and offer services around global humanitarian and health issues including Restoring Family Links Program, International Humanitarian Law dissemination and support of the of the Measles and Rubella Initiative. We offer a variety of education programs and facilitate community presentations to help foster awareness and understanding.
The IS Coordinator is the focal point for Restoring Family Links Program, International Humanitarian Law program, and Measles & Rubella Initiative on a Regional level within all chapters falling under its jurisdiction. The Coordinator will work closely with the Program Leadership, volunteer teams and coordinate with Red Cross National Headquarters.
*This is a part-time 28 hour a week position.
- Manage Restoring Family Links cases and volunteer caseworkers
- Facilitate communication between Restoring Family Links volunteers and clients
- Organize outreach to build awareness and expand the reach of International Services programs on a regional level to community members and community organizations, including through social media
- Attend community events, consortiums, and fairs to communicate program details
- Develop and maintain relationships with partner agencies
- Build capacity of IS programs through ongoing volunteer recruitment and engagement Develop communication materials or tools (as necessary) to best communicate program information
- Assist in IS event planning (documentary screenings, Annual Consular Corps event, Brown Bag events) Assist in building partnerships with the Los Angeles Consular Corps
- Promote Disaster Preparedness to the refugee and migrant communities of the region
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; current Graduate students preferred
- Experience working with refugees, migrants or other vulnerable communities preferred
- Area of study or proven interest in: International Relations, social and behavioral studies, social service case management, advocacy & community outreach, or other relevant focus area
- Willingness to support Red Cross Mission and complete the required training
- Ability to work sensitively and compassionately with diverse population of clients
- Excellent interpersonal, listening and interviewing skills
- Strong organizational skills and respect for sensitive information
- Willingness and ability to learn and share details of all International Services programs and processes
- Ability to comfortably represent American Red Cross to diverse communities of people
- Works well under pressure, is flexible, and has strong ability to handle multiple priorities Other: Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet navigation/research, database management, and social media are desirable Spanish speaking preferred
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights