The regional development director executes a regional strategy identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding mid-level and major gift prospects, building a strong prospect pipeline and developing a strong relationship with RAINN's current supporters by executing the moves management process. The region currently includes the Western portion of the United States and the territory would focus on travel in California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico and Colorado. This position would reside in the focus region. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Regional Development Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with VP and development team to implement effective regional fundraising strategy for attaining specific fundraising goals across RAINN's major fundraising categories.
- Manage a prospect portfolio of 50-100 current and prospective major donors; meet or exceed agreed upon quarterly and annual metric goals.
- Work with VP of Development in developing action plans for best prospects with intent of deepening relationships that lead to increased giving.
- Plan and execute prospect solicitation strategy through regular regional travel (up to 50% of time).
- Develop and coordinate fundraising campaigns and events.
- Develop new individual, foundation and corporate funder relationships.
- Work closely with VP and Development Manager to ensure compliance with all relevant state and national regulations and laws, integrity of Salesforce data, timely donor gift acknowledgement, accuracy of financial records, prompt and appropriate donor communications.
- Working collaboratively with VP of Development and leadership team, develop materials for donor solicitation, acknowledgements, donor correspondence, updates, funding proposals and report and other associated development materials.
- Appropriately represent the organization to donors, prospects, fundraising volunteers and the general public.
- All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's degree is required. CFRE or advance degree preferred.
- 5 - 8 years' experience as a major gift fundraiser.
- Demonstrated ability to personally solicit major gifts from identification to cultivation to solicitation to stewardship.
- Experience/knowledge of entertainment industry as it relates to donor engagement preferred. * High level of motivation and assertiveness; self-starter. * Ability to travel as necessary (up to 50%).
- Strong attention to detail. * Highly creative, flexible, adaptable.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Discretion when dealing with sensitive information and ability to discuss issues surrounding sexual violence.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check (administered by RAINN).
The following physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations:
- The person in this position needs to regularly move about inside the office to access cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Must be able to get to locations outside of the office independently, without physical assistance.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g., copier, fax machine).
- Must have vision correctable to a level where individual can operate a computer, visualize text on a computer monitor.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the essential functions, responsibilities and/or requirements.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter and two professional references to Vice President of Development at https://rainn.applicantpro.com/jobs/ Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please no phone calls. EOE/M/F/D/V
General-Other: Business-Strategic Management, Program Management, Fundraising