We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Health and Aging Program Coordinator is responsible for a variety of programmatic duties for projects within the Health and Aging Program such as the Healthcare Equality Index and health related reports and publications. In addition, the Coordinator is responsible for oversight and coordination of all administrative needs of the Health and Aging Program.
Program and Data Management:
- Respond to email and telephone requests for information, materials and assistance concerning health & aging issues, largely related to the Healthcare Equality Index (HEI)
- Conduct data management and administration, namely updating database and pulling data for analysis or for email communications with HEI participants
- Review and validate HEI surveys and correspond with participants regarding the review process and additional materials needed
- Research LGBTQ related healthcare policies at hospitals
- Research LGBTQ health and aging issues
- Update and draft relevant HAP/HEI web pages and blog posts
- Update and draft HEI related content such as the HEI Resource Guide
- Assist in the development of PowerPoint presentations
- Support and coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences, webinars, offsite meetings and events
- Coordinate and manage the inventory of publications and materials, ensuring publication requests are handled efficiently and appropriately
- Process invoices and check requests as needed
May include intern supervision including managing their workload, productivity and overall experience.
Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience preferred plus one to three years’ relevant work experience in a professional environment
- Must possess a strong work ethic, be very self-motivated, and have the demonstrated ability to work independently
- Exhibits a professional demeanor and has the ability to communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail required
- Outstanding organizational, task management and time management skills required
- Mastery of Microsoft Office software, experience with website editing software and database software are essential, as well as skills with Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive)
- Experience with research, proof-reading, editing and writing required. Experience writing website and blog content or other publicly shared materials is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database a plus
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- May include 10-15% of travel
- Strong understanding of LGBTQ issues is expected. Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in health and/or aging issues is a plus
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.