Job Description:The American Red Cross is seeking an enthusiastic individual to fill our open Platelet donor scheduling position in Bend, OR.
In this role you will: Recruit prospective blood donors from a variety of sources by phoning and talking face to face with individuals to make donation appointments. Contact active, lapsed, platelet and occasional whole blood donors to increase the frequency of donations and increase the number of donors at fixed sites to meet the collections goals. Positively impact the quality of service to donors and groups, increasing the availability of blood products. Coordinate reminder calls, follow-up, logging of data, maintenance of records and special projects to achieve established goals.
1. Contact by telephone or face to face current platelet, plasma and whole blood donors to recruit for donation.
2. Schedule appointments to ensure maximum number of donors are scheduled each day.
3. Follow a process and appropriate scripting for conducting a call with a donor, to ensure a consistent donor
4. Maintain daily production standard, including phone calls and donor contacts, to meet established collection goals.
5. Develop a working knowledge of donor criteria to inform donors of eligibility and reduce deferral rates.
6. Maintain accurate records of donors/groups contacted and appointments scheduled to avoid errors, poor
customer relations and to ensure sufficient donor availability.
7. May develop new leads and implement new donor recruitment programs to ensure an increased donor base
and an adequate blood supply.
8. Respond to or transfer inbound calls to the appropriate party.
9. Perform other related duties as assigned.
10. May coordinate support of community and business donor groups to assure a positive image of the ARCBS.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights