Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Blood Processing Technician Job Summary
Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is “yes”, then we invite you to become a Blood Processing Technician for the American Red Cross!
Blood Processing Technicians perform manufacturing processes in a highly regulated environment—from receipt of unprocessed blood, through maintaining accurate records of finished goods in preparation to distribute to area hospitals. Successful Blood Processing Technicians will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with compassion at all times.
Blood Processing Technician – Responsibilities
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples according to applicable FDA, AABB, CLIA, NRC and Red Cross policies and procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department. Prioritize workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Identify and quarantine products/samples that don’t meet quality requirements. Perform disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and information provided from other departments to meet time requirements and quality standards.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing and shipping process.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples.
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals.
- Drive for results and to serve others with a high level of respect for customer service.
- Take care of your team members – show up for every shift and give 100% while you’re there.
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment.
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times.
The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Processing Technician describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- High School diploma, plus two years’ experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- All technician jobs require good computer skills, attention to detail, accurate documentation and good decision making skills.
- College studies or technical training in science or medical technology or the equivalent is preferred.
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time.
Hours: Full time; 1st shift Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5:00 am to 3:00 pm
Training: Full time; 4 - 6 weeks; 1st shift Monday - Friday
Pay Rate: $12.49 hourly plus shift differential
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights