Location - Malvern, PA
The Senior Manager will be responsible for delivering and managing technology solutions used by Par’s Quality Lab. There is a sophisticated suite of technology tools utilized by Quality Labs in the Chestnut Ridge location. This person will have complete responsibility for managing the portfolio which includes the overall health and performance of the systems, extending existing usage based on business needs, consolidating and simplifying the landscape,and introducing new capabilities as identified / required. The portfolio of tools is a mix of systems that are standalone (connected to lab instruments), server based, and involving different networks. This role will be client facing and is expected to build strong relationships with internal business customers / leaders. Through those relationships will understand the business area’s items of importance and deliver on needed business outcomes. Additionally, the position is expected to identify opportunities and generate business cases where technology can enable Endo’s strategy and deliver meaningful value. When business cases are approved, the individual is expected to deliver on the identified value prop(s). The Manager will work collaboratively across IT to align and obtain assistance from needed colleagues. All the while ensuring solutions fit within Endo’s technology strategic framework. The position will have responsibilities for budget management which includes managing contracts, financial forecast, meeting any cost savings targets, and overall operating within budget. Lastly, responsibilities also include management of personnel / direct reports; ensuring alignment to goals, quality of outcomes, and professional development.
Overall, the position is very “hands on”; the individual will be expected to lead, guide, and perform necessary technical work.
Signing authority as assigned by Endo’s policies.
Responsible for operations and use of systems across all Endo sites.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for delivering on solutions identified by leadership. Expected to lead efforts in a manner that flawlessly execute against goals & objectives. This includes doing both project management and technology implementations.
- Responsible for maintaining the portfolio of applications. Ensure that the overall health and performance is working as required. Embrace the principle of "continuous improvement" by identifying and proposing opportunities to improve the overall cost structure, quality, and general level of required maintenance. Efforts will center on those things required by the application and on occasion necessary activities associated with broader IT infrastructure and/or IT security changes.
- Engage with business and understand business imperatives, pain points. Identify technological capabilities that enable, enhance business outcomes.
- Initiate and drive outcomes on approved projects; those where technology will deliver meaningful value against Endo’s strategy, and the goals of the Corporate organization.
- Responsible for delivering, participating in required departmental activities and standard processes. This includes but is not limited to:
- Change Control
- IT Budget Management
- Computer System Validation
- Responsible for overall team performance and outcomes. This includes managing personnel, organizing work and assignment of goals and objectives.
- Actively managing performance
- Focus on professional development
- Working collaboratively with IT Management team on cross functional activities
- BA/BS degree in a related field; Master’s Degree a plus.
- 7+ years’ IT experience.
- Required experience with GxP, Computer Systems Validation
- Preferred experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Preferred experience in an IT business partner role.
- Strong knowledge of Quality Labs and validated solutions.
- Strong knowledge of current technology development/trends.
- Strong Vendor management experience.
- Experienced in doing application management and support.
- Preferred experience in foundational IT skills in networking, desktop configuration, web technologies, programming, and understanding SDLC.
- Self-Starter, short learning curve.
- Strong Customer Facing skills.
- Excellent Communication.
- Demonstrated ability to perform IT Troubleshoot and Problem Solving.
- Strong sense of Accountability.
- Results Oriented.
Ability to work in an office environment (sit/stand).