Location - Malvern, PA
This role supports Endo’s enablement of sales forces effectiveness, which includes the management of field incentive compensation, field communications, field help desk support, and data compliance. This role also serves as a key point of contact between sales, marketing and operations related to the areas identified above. This role must foster close working relationships with these internal as well as external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s remains productive.
Utilizing strong understanding of industry trends this role will provide invaluable insights and recommendations for driving business performance associated with Endo’s field sales organization. Specifically, this includes accountability for accurate and timely execution of sales data and field Incentive compensation. In addition, this role will be required to partner with external partner resources to implement and maintain sales force effectiveness processes.
A major aspect of this position includes partnering with key stakeholders to understand their strategic drivers and performance objectives to design, model/test, create, communicate, implement and administer all Sales Incentive Compensation Plans, Contests and sales performance reports. This role will direct all aspects of the activities of an incentive compensation vendor including: defining service levels, managing to those service levels, ensuring appropriate controls, SOPs, resourcing.
They will support all departmental processes and systems supporting sales force effectiveness. As the business owner, this role will partner with stakeholders to identify, plan and deliver future enhancements through well documented business requirements, clear prioritization of activities and effective resource planning, strong project management and comprehensive communications to ensure alignment. It is also critical that this individual establish appropriate monitoring of operational and system metrics to ensure effective execution and as a method to assess continuous improvement opportunities.
- Supports the Endo Branded Business.
- Collaborate and participate where decisions will be made in a team environment, involving key stakeholders from internal departments and external partners. Position requires extensive contact with identified stakeholders to assess required business processes, identify improvement opportunities, as well as implement appropriate solutions.
Internal Business Partner Contacts
- Commercial Operations
- Business Unit Leadership (Marketing and Sales)
- Compliance and Legal
- Marketing Operations
- Meeting and Events
- Sales Training
- Commercial Insights and Analytics
- Information Technology
- Service Providers / Consultants
- Technology Solution Implementation Vendors
- Software Vendors
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, and maintain appropriate policies, procedures and SOPs.
- Support/manage projects/ relationships with vendors. Ensuring requirements, goals, timelines and budgets are met.
- Resolve field inquiries.
- With the Sales Incentive Compensation Director, engage with sales teams to determine annual incentive compensation and contest strategies.
- Facilitate the review process of IC plans working with Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, and Legal to ensure clear process to define and measure incentives.
- Assist with Quality Control of information being sent to the Incentive Compensation vendors and with the reports returned from the IC Vendors.
- Provide oversight of the quarterly payroll processing and annual trip processing.
- Serve as key point of contact for Sales and Marketing leaders as it relates to IC plan management.
- Maintain a process to provide multi-tier helpdesk and operational support to the field across sales operations services provided internally and through strategic partners,
- Partner with third parties providing end user and field technology support to ensure a comprehensive and seamless support model across service providers to maximize the user experience of working with Sales Operations.
- Serve as key point of contact for Field Sales and Business Unit teams as it relates to data quality
- Design, execute and deploy ad hoc and recurring reports and analyses that enable sales leadership to better understand sales activities and KPIs
- Manage process with sales leadership to ensure specialty sales data is aligned properly
- Maintains relationships with required vendors to implement efficient and effective business processes and capabilities.
- Directs vendors on delivering high quality service and assure compliance with service level expectations and timelines to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Supports vendor strategy to ensure business and compliance needs are met.
- Holds vendor(s) accountable for results and that they represent Endo appropriately.
- Ensures quality assurance and controls are in place.
- Ensure collaboration between Commercial Operations, Information Technology, Legal, Compliance, Sales and Marketing and others across Endo to produce consistent, quality, compliant operations which assist in growing our business while ensuring compliance and risks are managed for the organization.
- Identify problems and challenges early between teams in order to provide resolution to meet alignment deadlines.
- Act as a liaison between disparate teams to ensure the proper files and information are being sent in a timely, quality controlled manner.
- Work with multiple vendors across stakeholder teams to provide understanding of business acumen and deadlines.
- Works with all business partners and required vendors to support the data collection and reporting requirements associated with US Federal Sunshine Act and Endo’s Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- Ensure the proper level of detail is being captured to assist with Compliance reporting.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field required.
- 5+ years’ related experience in Life Sciences Sales, Marketing, and/or Commercial Operations is required.
- Experience managing third-party providers is required.
- Experience successfully evaluating and implementing technology to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Working knowledge of sales data sources, IQVIA Xponent, and non-retail data.
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical industry current trends.
- Strong understanding of current trends in SFE as well as linkages between the topics.
- Knowledge of urology/endocrinology therapeutic areas.
- Understanding of data sources and uses.
- Strong knowledge of sales force business processes and systems.
- Deep understanding of available technology solutions used to optimize sales results.
- Extensive computer proficiency with desktop software in a Windows environment including
- Microsoft Excel, MS Project, Visio, PowerPoint and Access.
- Excellent skills in the following areas: organization, written and verbal communication, accuracy and personal initiative
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to apply logic and critical thinking skills to business problems
- Ability to draft clear, succinct situational analysis and recommendations for senior leadership
- Prior experience with business intelligence tools a plus (e.g., Tableau,MicroStrategy, ClikView)
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience preferred
- Process modeling and business requirements definition experience preferred
- The candidate must have strong consultative / listening skills, ability to analyze data, and translate business requirements into actionable capabilities. They must demonstrate personal accountability for driving company growth initiatives in a structured and compliant manner.
- Builds, maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates and management
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion and effectively collaborate with multiple functional units
- Ability to assess and mitigate risks for Endo’s commercial success where mistakes that could have marked negative impact on Endo’s business and reputation
- Demonstrated project management / execution skills and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with little or no supervision under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills, including the ability toquickly assess critical situations, identify root cause of issues, anticipate needs and develop practical, meaningful solutions
- Strong facilitation, communication, and presentation skill and ability to present to senior level colleagues clearly and effectively
- Proactively stays current on industry trends and regulatory guidelines
- Must be able to manage budgets and allocate costs across multiple brands teams
Builds a Collaborative Culture
- Builds and models a culture of questioning and constructive challenge to foster openness and candid dialogue
- Listens to and carefully considers others’ perspectives, especially to manage and resolve conflict
- Acts with an understanding and sensitivity to others
- Encourages accountability and responsibility that enables others to act with integrity
- Decides and acts, even when faced with uncertainty
- Clearly communicates the need for change and is actively responsive to the resistance it can evoke
- Anticipates and proactively addresses the conflict and ambiguity inherent in change
- Quickly focuses on the critical issues while prioritizing current work
- Draws on unexpected or seemingly unrelated ways of thinking
- Operates from a framework of possibility
- This is a headquarters-based position that will require moderate travel (less than10% of time)
- Sit/Stand in an office environment.