JOB DUTIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE: (These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
- Represents the office to the press, public, other offices, and stakeholders by acting as chief office spokesperson.
- Develops and executes the office’s communications strategy under the guidance and approval of the Chief of Staff.
- Fields and directs responses to all media-related inquiries.
- Creates presentations of information for various audiences (local and national law firms, affiliate associations, etc.) on various mediums (website, PowerPoint, social media, on-site and remote location, etc.)
- Works closely with the office’s Compliance Officer when responding to constituent and other public inquiries, including the office’s social media platforms.
- Speaks on behalf of the office with local/national media.
- Produces, writes, edits, and supervises post-production on Clerk of Courts-generated video content for web, social media and internal use (e.g. ethics training, office specific tutorials).
- Conceptualizes, creates, designs and publishes informational, promotional, and other print collateral under the guidance and approval of the Chief of Staff or other senior staff members (e.g. rack cards, business cards, etc.).
- Generates, curates, and edits content on Clerk of Courts’ web properties.
- Manages and maintains office’s social media accounts (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Generates content for social media, including art, video and other trending topics.
- Curates content for reposting via social media actions (Retweet, Share, etc.).
- Implements changes to social media and content posting schedule, and platforms as dictated by recommended best practices or by recommendation of the Chief of Staff.
- Monitors social media platform applying current best practices.
- Presents ideas and concepts in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Ensures brand standards and logo consistency across all Clerk of Courts Legal and Auto Title Divisions.
- Researches and writes copy for agency promotional materials.
- Disseminate information quickly and accurately in times of emergency and crisis situations.
- Regular and Predictable Attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of customer service procedures and public relations.
- Ability to plan and work independently.
- Ability to create video, web, and graphics content with limited-to-no direction or supervision.
- Knowledge and use of modern graphic design software to create photo/illustration content.
- Knowledge of current and modern design elements, and implementation across office communications collateral.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated abilities in public speaking.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four year college or university; or
- Four to five years related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
UNUSUAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- May be required to travel to various Clerk of Court divisions or Auto Title offices or attend functions on behalf of the office during non-work hours.
- Regularly required to sit and use hands; occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- May be required to move equipment or supplies up to 50 pounds.
This position is unclassified, exempt from collective bargaining, and overtime-exempt.