Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
This position resides in the Community Engagement and Partnerships team within the Disaster Cycle Services department. The position focuses on creating, implementing and maintaining partnerships across the disaster cycle to support Red Cross field units and mobilize communities across the country. The position reports to the Senior Director, Community Mobilization and Partnerships, who reports to the Senior Vice President of Disaster Cycle Services.
Specific functions of this position include:
- Management support to the partnerships department to develop and implement national-level partnerships with primarily non-governmental organizations and steward relationships with external constituents including federal and corporate partners.
- Provide planning, design and implementation management for partnership activities, including process definition, work prioritization, development of agreements, evaluation, monitoring and record keeping of partnership activities.
- Responsible for providing leadership and direction within Disaster Cycle Services on prioritizing, implementing, maintaining and developing national level relationships with an emphasis on diverse organizations.
- Establishes relationships and collaborates across all departments of the American Red Cross to provide a comprehensive approach to partnership development. Drivers for this work include the number of national partners and required support.
- This position requires participation on disaster relief operations at varied locations as circumstances require.
**PLEASE NOTE: The position is based in Fairfax, VA.**
- Plans, develops and implements the national partnership process; prioritizing outreach efforts, ensuring partner engagement is focused on organizational capacity, diversity needs, and ensuring successful mutually beneficial and sustainable partnerships.
- Manages ongoing relationships with national organizations, ensuring continued review and evaluation of the effectiveness of the partnerships, identifying and implementing plans for continued growth in the partnerships, providing support to chapters and other national headquarters units in implementing the partnerships, and ensure the partnering efforts are inclusive of all Red Cross departments and lines of service.
- Represents the department at non-government organization and private sector meetings, conferences, seminars and training sessions.
- Develops a program of partner engagement and partnership development that focuses on field/chapter level capacity to respond to disasters in a holistic, effective, diverse and inclusive, and well-coordinated manner.
- Plans improvement programs to analyze, sustain and enhance emphasis on quality goals to include targets.
- Provides management and guidance to Red Cross staff/volunteers for the purpose of executing partnership programs and for development of expertise and knowledge.
- Coordinates within the unit and within Disaster Cycle Services to ensure national partners are integrated into chapter/field capacity building plans, preparedness activities and relief operations.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Degree in emergency management, public administration, business administration, humanities or organizational development preferred. Master’s degree and bi-lingual abilities in Spanish required.
- A minimum of 7-10 years demonstrated partner relations experience and program management.
- Track record of leadership results in non-profit and /or for-profit organizations.
- Professional development in partnership and collaboration with demonstrated outcomes.
- Experience in program development, project planning and timetables.
- Experience in working directly with senior-level management, elected officials and interagency collaboratives.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Awareness of American Red Cross programs and procedures.
- Ability to work with and manage volunteers.
- Ability to learn and strategically apply a great deal of policy and guidance information quickly and conversantly with internal and external partners in a disaster response environment.
- Demonstrated skills in community organizing, facilitation, conflict resolution, and relationship development/management.
- Demonstrates excellent, straight forward writing and research skills for various media (web-based; print) for internal and external audiences.
- Strong verbal presentation skills.
- Ability to display tact, political acumen, and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel and at ease with new technology applications.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse cultural and political backgrounds.
- Ability to build and continually evolve processes.
- Results oriented.
- Ability to proactively solve problems, innovate, work independently and cultivate a team environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and demonstrate flexibility in very stressful situations
- Occasional travel (25%) to chapters, disaster relief operation sites nationwide and conferences/meetings is required.
- Other duties as assigned
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross network and partner events. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during specified periods and during large scale operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights