We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Corporate Development Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Corporate Relations and is responsible for oversight and coordination of all administrative matters relating to the day-to-day activities of the Corporate Development Program. This includes responsibility for supporting projects across the program, ranging from communications and outreach to national partners, assistance with internal coordination on issues affecting corporate partners and support to the team on local and national fundraising. This position requires superior client-service skills, high attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- Provide support for Corporate Development program:
- Maintain database of primary contacts
- Coordinate messaging to national partners and national dinner sponsors
- Assist team with content development and communications with key stakeholders
- Assist with fulfillment of benefits for partners and sponsors
- Provide preliminary customer service for partners’ requests and inquiries
- Maintain edits to departmental brochures, materials, and relevant web pages
- Provide administrative support to senior staff, as needed, including scheduling meetings and travel coordination
- Assist senior staff in preparing information for board members and meetings including compiling information for board reports, etc.
- Serve as the primary person for all financial matters related to Corporate Development program:
- Ensure accurate booking of contracts
- Process payments
- Maintain financial tracking document to report out on progress to month and year-end goals
- Generate acknowledgement correspondence
- Maintain invoice generation and tracking
- Work closely with senior staff to manage the department’s annual budget and assist with monthly budget monitoring
- Provide superior customer service to external and internal Corporate Development stakeholders.
- Respond to inquiries in the Corporate Development inbox
- Answer and field incoming calls from reception concerning Corporate Development
- Coordinate with other HRC departments on internal and external event requests, requests for corporate engagement and general communications
- Conduct research on companies that are interested in financially supporting HRC
- Assist in prospecting of highly rated CEI companies and opportunities for outreach of financial support
- Assist in creating “pitch” presentations to prospective companies
- Monitor news for LGBTQ related news on national partners
- Events and Logistics: Support and coordinate logistics for meetings, conferences, webinars, offsite meetings and events – specifically National Dinner, Chefs for Equality and Corporate Development related events.
- May supervise Corporate Development intern
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- One to three years’ experience in business administration, corporate social responsibility, or consulting
- Strong technical, research, proof-reading, editing/writing experience, attention to detail and a professional demeanor to represent HRC with a variety of constituents
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proven computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Google systems, and other database experience
- Proven administrative proficiency and organizational skills
- Some project management skills including the ability to track a multi-faceted project over time
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment and work independently
- Flexibility with work schedule; this position may have some evening and weekend work
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Strong interest in the rapidly changing LGBTQ equality movement and a working knowledge of LGBTQ issues
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.