Title: Finance & Administration Assistant
Reports To: Operations Manager; Senior Revenue Accountant
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Communities of color are disproportionately impacted by climate change and pollution. For this reason, racial justice and equity are inextricably linked to protecting our environment. Within the organization, we are actively building a workplace culture that demonstrates how we value equity and inclusion through more intentional and inclusive practices. We are committed to building an organization that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
LCV is hiring a Finance & Administration Assistant who will support the financial and administrative operations of the League of Conservation Voters and League of Conservation Voters Education Fund. Responsibilities include database management, invoicing, financial reporting and reconciliation, and providing administrative support to both the Finance department and Human Resources and Administration department.
- Assist with processing invoices for payment using Sage/ABILA general ledger software.
- Assist with month-end and year-end closing processes including: researching vendor expense requests, running financial reports through Sage software, and assisting in annual preparation of IRS Form 1099’s reporting.
- Assist with annual audit preparation, including document retrieval, copying, and assisting with audit requests.
- Maintain filing system of accounts payable documents and journal entries.
- Work with SVP of Finance to administer vendor survey to measure commitment to racial diversity and equity.
- Process weekly check requests for the Finance department.
- Assist with weekly Accounts Payable process.
- Schedule trainings, meetings, and offsite events for Finance Department.
- Assist with the Concur expense entry process for the Senior Vice President and Controller of Finance Department.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly, and annual Unanet Timesheet training and reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Human Resources and Administration
- Assist in providing general office support (phones, copiers, eFax, postage meter, etc.).
- Submit new hire tech request forms.
- Assist with staff business card orders.
- Assist with opening and distributing office mail.
- Manage monthly schedule for front desk coverage and assist with coverage as needed.
- Order office supplies and manage inventory.
- Submit work order requests to building engineer/manager and applicable vendors.
- Check general voicemail inbox and eFax inbox twice daily, and distribute incoming information.
- Manage kitchen duty schedule and send weekly reminders.
- Work with Human Resources Director to sort and process payroll tax changes and update as needed.
- Post job vacancy announcements as needed.
- Update orientation materials as needed.
- Administer LCV’s metro benefits program.
- Schedule quarterly New Hire Orientation.
- Process payments for the Human Resources and Administration department.
- Contribute to LCV’s commitment to integrating racial justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: 1 year of finance or administrative experience required. Experience working with databases. Experience with scheduling. Experience working with a non-profit organization preferred. Experience with the financial audit process and/or IRS 1099-MISC preparation preferred. Experience working with external vendors preferred. Experience with project management preferred. Experience with training others preferred. Experience writing/creating documents for large audiences preferred.
- Skills: Highly attentive to detail and able to take ownership of routine tasks; excellent written and oral communications skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; able to maintain confidentiality; strong organizational skills; exhibits strong judgement; self-starter; works well in a fast-paced environment; ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure of deadline and work for several people; plans and can see the big picture. Ability to troubleshoot common IT/technology issues preferred. Ability to process cash receipts and accounts payable preferred. Data management and filing system skills preferred.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture.
- Conditions: This position is based in Washington, DC.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Finance & Admin Assistant” in the subject line by June 7, 2019. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.
Administrative Support, General-Other: Human Resources, Environmental Protection-Conservation