1. Plans, coordinates, manages and directs the classroom, skills lab, and clinical setting training experience for students.
2. Evaluates interpersonal skills, technical skills and knowledge base of students in classroom, skill lab and clinical setting at regular intervals to measure student performance.
3. Maintains confidential, accurate and complete records and reports as required by state and federal regulations and corporate policy.
4. Responsible for efficient and effective use of supplies and equipment.
5. Completes and submits course records and reports in a timely manner in compliance with applicable guidelines.
Considerable knowledge of job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of general and detailed aspects of the job. Contacts are frequently with individuals representing other departments and/or representing outside organizations.
Education: Current license as a nurse in state where teaching will occur. RN/BSN preferred. LPN/LVN may be accepted where allowed by state.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience as a nurse with a minimum of 1 year experience working in a long term care facility.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills and Abilities: Adult education experience preferred. Must meet state minimum nursing and teaching experience requirements for instructors. CPR/First Aid/AED certification (can be obtained within 90 days of hire).Technical knowledge and expertise in the area of long term care. Excellent verbal and written communications. Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and occasional weekend is required.
* Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to use fingers to grasp, move and manipulate small objects. The employee must use the stomach and lower back muscles to support the body for long periods without getting tired. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and transfer objects up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must have the ability to speak clearly so listeners can understand and understand the speech of another person. The work environment will consist of moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones and printers, light traffic). The employee must have the ability to work in a small cubicle and have the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights