$10,670 / year or higher DOQ + Partial County Benefits; Part-Time Regular position available (20 hours / week). James City County Facilities Maintenance seeks an individual to perform responsible custodial and manual work in the care and cleaning of County facilities, buildings, and grounds.
- Perform routine cleaning tasks such as dusting or polishing chairs, desks, tables, shelves, and other furniture; wash windows, woodwork and walls; gather and dispose of trash; vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Clean restrooms and restock supplies.
- Set up and break down equipment for meetings, classes, and special events.
- Close and lock buildings after late meetings.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Must possess a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods materials, and equipment to include the operation of heavy commercial cleaning equipment such as high-powered buffers and vacuums; equipment; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Skill in developing and maintaining cooperative and professional relationships with employees and the public; effectively responding to routine inquiries and disputes; planning and organizing daily work routine; establishing priorities for the completion of work to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to use equipment and cleaning materials efficiently and economically; use logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate situations and exercise good judgment to make appropriate decisions; listen and understand directions, information, and ideas presented verbally or in writing.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 9/14/2019 or when filled, whichever comes first. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov