$63,393 / yr or higher DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits.
James City County Treasurer’s Office is seeking individuals to perform advance work planning, organizing, managing and participating in all daily operations and activities of the Treasurer’s Office to ensure all statutory functions of the Treasurer’s Office are accomplished; makes high level decisions about the overall administration, management, planning, organizing and staffing; and assumes responsibilities of the Treasurer and other staff within as needed.
- Provides effective supervision of assigned staff including selection, performance management, employee relations, training, prioritizing and assigning work, and related activities.
- Serves as liaison among the Treasurer’s Office, Information Technology Division and tax collection software vendor; performs power user duties within the software.
- Reconciles Fiscal Agency and Credit Card bank statements and Accounts Receivable.
- Represents Treasurer’s Office on various committees and before special interest groups and community groups.
- Gathers and analyzes data; prepares various daily, monthly and annual reports; oversees the department’s records management.
- Researches and recommends initiatives geared towards customer service and/or better office efficiencies.
- Assists staff as needed with discrepancies in collections or reporting, taxpayer inquiries or other issues.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a related field; Master’s degree preferred; considerable experience in accounting or related field, preferably in a governmental setting; some supervisory or management experience; some experience with Seagate Crystal Reports.
- Must possess or be able to obtain within two (2) years of employment a Master Governmental Deputy Treasurer certification.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and reporting; Seagate Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL, and Windows operating systems; and, leadership techniques, principles and procedures to assign work, schedule, supervise, train and evaluate the work of assigned staff.
- Skill in excellent written and oral communication and customer service; and, in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to initiate, develop and effectively manage procedures, programs and functions of the Treasurer’s Office; work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with County officials, employees and the public.
Accepting applications until position is filled. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov