$30,685 / yr or higher DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits
James City County Social Services department is seeking individual in Housing Division to perform responsible work developing and maintaining various reports and procedures to expand housing opportunities for individuals and families.
- Provides first point of customer service to the public and to employees, in person, by telephone and online, by answering routine questions regarding housing programs sponsored by the County; provides clerical and administrative support to department staff.
- Prepares and conducts file reviews and obtains all documentation necessary to prepare annual electronic submission of Section 8 Management Assessment Program (SEMAP) and submits documentation to Housing and Urban Development (HUD) field office; conducts monthly review, correction and electronic submission of detailed participant and financial information to HUD data systems.
- Contacts landlords and property management firms to update rent comparable information required to enable assigned staff to complete rent reasonableness determinations as required by HUD for Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program; contacts utility companies to update information required to assure accurate utility allowance data for HCV program; and monitors and makes required adjustments to HUD Fair Market Rents (FMR) for HCV program.
- Follows established procedures required to ensure accurate and timely monthly housing assistance payments to landlords and utility allowance payments to tenants for Housing Choice Voucher and Virginia Homeless Prevention (VHSP) programs; maintains reports and procedures required to ensure accurate billing and tracking of payments made and received.
- Receives, codes, records and transmits loan payments and other payments to the Treasurer; maintains records of all loan payments and accurate balances; and corresponds with borrowers.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some college course work in public administration, business, or related field preferred; and considerable experience in administrative support and office work.
- Knowledge of federal regulations and procedures required to effectively handle financial and other reporting requirements of Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program; data entry, automated recordkeeping, and basic accounting; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Skill in use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain complex records, assemble and organize data, prepare reports from such records and interact with other employees and the public in an effective and courteous manner.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 09/28/2019 or when filled, whichever comes first. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov