Please email a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oregon Health Authority, Oregon State Hospital is seeking a Psychiatrist who values comprehensive mental health treatment and a return to successful community living for people with mental illness. This is a part-time position treating patients who have been civilly committed or admitted voluntarily by their guardian and have progressed from hospital care to residential living.
The Oregon State Hospital (OSH) provides patient-centered psychiatric treatment for adults with mental illness from throughout the state. The hospital's primary goal is to help people recover from their illness and return to their lives in the community. Our psychiatry staff play an essential role in achieving the hospital's vision to be a psychiatric hospital that inspires hope, promotes safety and supports recovery for all.
What you will do
- Provide psychiatric care to assigned patients in a residential setting on the campus of the Oregon State Hospital in Junction City. This includes (but is not limited to) diagnosis, mental status evaluation, pharmacologic management, risk assessment and use of physical examination, laboratory, imaging, and other disciplines’ assessments as necessary.
- Lead the interdisciplinary treatment team. This includes coordination of interdisciplinary clinical formulation and biopsychosocial treatment plan goals, interventions, and outcome assessment.
What's in it for you?
Access to all that OSH has to offer for Psychiatry Department staff, including:
- A collegial staff of 50+ Board Certified Psychiatrists and Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, across two campuses
- A caseload of up to 16 patients living in a residential setting, with access to the medical services of the hospital
- A partnership with Oregon Health and Sciences University which provides unique opportunities for access to free continuing medical education
- A competitive salary, with additional compensation for:
- Board Certification
- Voluntary Call (based on hours worked)
- A generous benefit package, which includes:
- family medical, dental and vision insurance
- optional short and long-term disability insurance
- optional term life insurance
- fully paid retirement program
- stipend for CME activities
- Generous leave policy which includes:
- 10 paid holidays
- paid vacation and sick leave
- paid personal business leave
- paid education leave
- Leadership training and opportunities
This is a part-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
The Oregon Health Authority is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to work force diversity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patient Evaluation and Treatment – Perform psychiatric, physical and neurological examinations. Write orders for patient care. Conduct meetings of the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team and determine individual patient treatment plans including providing clinical leadership in the implementation of services.
- Communication and Contact with Patient Families – Respond to inquiries from families and other interested parties and initiate contact with them as indicated.
- Documentation of Services – Document in the medical record in accordance with requirements of TJC and CMMS regulations, ORSs and OARs, and hospital policies.
- Professional Responsibilities – Participate in quality assurance activities. Participate in continuing education, with emphasis on psychiatry. Maintain qualifications to perform techniques of basic life support (CPR).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
You must possess, or have the ability to obtain:
- Board certification or board eligibility at the time of appointment
- Physician's license issued by the Oregon Medical Board at the time of appointment and maintain the licensure throughout employment.
Note: Under filling this position as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner may be considered for those applicants who meet all requirements to practice medicine in the State of Oregon as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, as such:
- At the time of application, possess a valid Oregon Nurse Practitioner license.