$30,685 / year or higher DOQ + Full-Time County Benefits
James City County Fire Department is seeking an individual to perform responsible administrative support work for the Fire and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Department Administrative Business Office.
- Provide first point of customer service to the public and to employees, in person, by telephone and online, answering routine questions; serve as primary contact on routine County administrative procedures and other typical administrative tasks.
- Prepare documents, correspondence, statistical reports and materials including all programmatic reports required for reimbursement of expenses related to federal, state and other government grants, as well as awards from non-governmental funding sources; coordinate special events; schedule meetings and training sessions.
- Manage the Advanced Life Support/Basic Life Support (ALS/BLS) revenue recovery program to ensure all emergency medical transport services are properly billed; monitor the performance of billing contractor for revenue recovery program; reconcile transport counts and data among various reporting software programs; review pre-hospital patient care reports (PPCR) for insurance information and non-medical completeness and validate records for export to billing contractor.
- Serve as department liaison for inquiries and requests for information from citizens and other entities with rights to access Protected Health Information (PHI); manage Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliance for the department, including evaluating and maintaining strict confidentiality in all phases of record generation, maintenance and dissemination in compliance with HIPAA regulations; maintain Business Associate Agreements (BAA) with any vendor that has access to PHI.
- Respond to FOIA requests, inquiries for open burning, firework permit applications, Certificate of Occupancy inspections results and requests for Fire Education and Fire Prevention programs; process permit fees and submit recorded payments to the Treasurer’s Office.
- Assist with budget preparation; maintain general finance records including budget expenditures; purchase and distribute equipment and supplies as necessary; work with Financial and Management Services staff to quickly obtain best materials at a cost benefit for the county; maintain department physical inventory records in coordination with Fire Department Business Office staff.
- Coordinate maintenance and testing of uniformed firefighter personal protective equipment and articles; may be required to attend meetings with or in the absence of the Business Manager or Fire Chief and convey information to appropriate staff members adhering to chain of command; learn to operate all relevant software, communications and notification systems.
- Serve as reporting administrator for submittal of required EMS and Fire reports, personnel records and other data to state systems including Virginia Pre-Hospital Information Bridge (VPHIB) and Virginia Fire Incident Reporting System (VFIRS).
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; Associate’s degree in bookkeeping or a related field preferred; considerable experience performing responsible administrative support work for executive management.
- Knowledge of principles and standard office practices and procedures, equipment and its application to the area of assignment and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Skills in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate procedures and work methods and to assemble and organize data to prepare reports; interpret and communicate policies, procedures, rules, regulations, ordinances and state and federal regulations to public and staff; communicate effectively orally and in writing; learn and use specialized language and technical terms; prioritize, organize, and perform work independently to meet established deadlines establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
Accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on 07/19/2019. Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov