GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Manager, or designee, the Intake Coordinator will act as a liaison between Unit staff, external clients and other key stakeholders. The Intake Coordinator will serve as a resource to the staff in matters concerning the Unit and any other issues as assigned by Management staff. This individual will oversee and assist in the intake process with the goal of investigating, collecting and/or retrieving accurate data from various sources and advising members or their designees/agents about Unit policies and procedures according to applicable regulations.
The State Supplemental Program (SSP) is a Department of Transitional Assistance and Mass Commission for the Blind program that provides cash benefits to low-income and disabled populations. CHCF administers the program on behalf of the state agencies.
Prior Customer Service in a fast pace environment is highly desired for this role.
- Responsible for understanding Intake policies and procedures as they relate to the Unit and updating as necessary
- Coordinate, monitor, and measure work distribution/productivity/quality levels of Intake staff responsible for opening new cases and submit results to Manager through available communication channels.
- Conduct thorough analysis of case documentation and history, and if necessary apprise relevant parties on Unit policies and procedures including need for case documentation required by law.
- Use large web based databases (MMIS,Cognos & Case Tracking) to acquire member eligibility reports, claims history, and case-head information to aid in case coordination.
- Maintain an understanding and knowledge of member aid categories to determine which, if any, benefits were received
- Train Intake staff or temporary staff on procedural changes; and provide input to senior staff and software developers on methods to improve or streamline the Intake process.
- Oversee and assist Intake staff with processing incoming and outgoing mail, closed case filing and reporting, and other Unit related duties as requested or required
- Research relevant case information through the use of web based applications/tools such as Accurint, MMIS, Cognos, Lexis/Nexis, Registry of Deeds.
- Participate in weekly/monthly Unit management team meetings process.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to review essential Unit and operational updates and ensure consistent implementation of Intake policies and procedures.
- Oversee the unit's paperless scanning environment process as well as, but not limited to, software knowledge, staff training and equipment maintenance and purchases.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year related customer service or business experience
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Office and Web-based applications