The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Analyst with Infrastructure Operations Skills to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an Infrastructure Operations Analyst, you will provide support for the senior network administrator responsible for designing network-based solutions in support of the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Department of Human Services (DHS), community partners and customers.
In this role you will serve as an escalation point of technical issues as part of the Network Infrastructure Team within Customer Services and Support. You will utilize technical skills and abilities of a high order in the analysis and resolution of technical problems in the areas of customer assistance, technical contractors, systems management staff and systems operations staff.
Additionally, you will be responsible for implementing, maintaining and administering agency-wide systems. The systems include but are not limited to: Microsoft Active Directory, Windows Server, network monitoring tools, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, VPN. You will also assist in the monitoring of the WAN and LANs and make recommendations for remediation of performance degradation.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Analyst with Infrastructure Operations Skills, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- (a) Five (5) years of information systems experience in Infrastructure Operations. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Infrastructure Operations. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Infrastructure Operations. OR (d) A Master’s degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Knowledge of and experience in the following areas:
- Connecting to a WAN;
- Implementing network security;
- Network types;
- Network media;
- Routing and switching fundamentals;
- TCP/IP and OSI models;
- IP addressing;
- WAN technologies;
- Operating and configuring IOS devices;
- Extending switched networks with VLANs;
- Determining IP routes;
- Managing IP traffic with access lists;
- Establishing point-to-point connections;
- Establishing Frame Relay connections.
- Solid understanding of MPLS networks.
- Knowledge of and experience in DNS and DHCP services
- Knowledge of and experience with Active Directory administration, AD forests, domains, trees and trusts.
- Knowledge of network security best practices and strategies including firewalls, Network Access Control devices and Intrusion Detection Systems
- Experience deploying and managing end-to-end monitoring of network and server infrastructure.
- Expertise in scripting languages including: VBScript, Perl, or PowerShell.
- Knowledge and skills required to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium size enterprise branch network.
- Ability to design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, wireless, and broadband access for businesses and organizations.
- Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.