The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art is located in Sarasota, Florida. For more about the Ringling, please see the "Other Information" section.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.hr.fsu.edu/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf
Museum Attendants will work a variety of assigned posts and events in all buildings on the museum grounds and at The Asolo Repertory Theater, as well as patrol buildings and grounds on foot and by golf cart. Museum Attendants are responsible for the safety of all staff and visitors and the protection of the collection, buildings, and grounds. This position will occasionally utilize computers to write reports, send correspondence, and submit work orders.
Duties will include:
- Guarding against theft, vandalism, and other damage.
- Assisting with urgent/emergency situations, such as accidents/injuries, medical emergencies, theft, vandalism, and other incidents calmly and in a timely manner.
- Conducting daily inspections of assigned areas and escorting staff and guests.
- Monitoring visitor activity to ensure adherence to museum/Asolo policies and procedures.
- Customer service oriented at all times to include enforcing policies and interacting with guests, and briefly respond to visitor/staff requests and questions to the best of their ability in a courteous manner and/or direct them to where they can find the information.
High school diploma/equivalent required.
Must have the ability to communicate orally and in writing, as well as via computer and two-way radio.
Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time, walk significant distances, patrol multi-story buildings, and climb stairs to respond to emergencies.
Must be able to calmly respond to emergencies.
Must be skilled in customer service as this is a front line position that interacts with and provides information to the visiting public.
Must present a professional image in accordance with the established uniform and appearance standards.
A valid driver's license is required for this position.
Please note, 3 professional references must be provided when applying (phone and/or email is acceptable) and would be contacted should you be interviewed.
The Ringling is a preeminent center for the arts, history, performance, and learning that is dedicated to bringing the past and contemporary culture to life through extraordinary visitor experiences. From its inception, The Ringling has joined the diverse visual traditions and theatrical spectacle of yesterday with the genre-defying global practitioners of today. A place of exploration, discovery and respite, The Ringling’s campus in Sarasota, Florida--which includes the Museum of Art, Circus Museum, a historic home, an 18th-century theater and bayfront gardens--is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. As the State Art Museum of Florida and part of Florida State University, The Ringling fulfills an important educational mission. The Ringling offers formal and informal programs of study serving as a major resource for students, scholars and lifelong learners of every age across the region, country, and around the world. For more information, please visit www.ringling.org.
For more information, or for technical assistance, please contact Ringling Human Resources at 941-359-5700 ext. 2605 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
$11.00 per hour.
Museum Attendants also receive:
- Regular training on upcoming exhibitions
- Private gallery talks with curators
- Free admission
- Discounts on memberships
- Discounts in the museum stores
- Discounts on select performances and events and much more!
This is an OPS/Part-Time Job.
Primary hours are between 10:15 pm - 6:45 am. Approximately 28 hours per week. Daytime, evenings, and holidays may be required per the needs of the Ringling.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
OPS employees are covered under the Affordable Care Act. OPS employees that meet certain criteria will be offered affordable health care coverage. For more information, please visit the following website regarding the Affordable Care Act, http://hr.fsu.edu/?page=benefits/insurance/insurance_home&ops=1.
1. Select the link to access our careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account or if you are not an existing user select the New User link to create one.
3. Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.