PeopleTec is currently seeking a Cost Analyst (Audit-Ready) to support our Huntsville, AL location.
Candidate will accomplish requirements in support of a product manager to include: performing programmatic support to Product Manager's Cost Analyst Team by preparing or reviewing Life Cycle Cost Estimates, Independent Government Cost Estimates, Proposal Evaluation inputs, tasker inputs, Spend Plans, and other related cost inputs. Ideal candidates have recent and relevant experience gained from military/civilian service and are adept at briefing mid and senior staff personnel.
- Develop the Government's recommended and objective cost position for prime contractor or Other Government Organization proposals
- Provide recommendations to senior staff regarding prime contractor submitted cost and performance reports
- Demonstrated proficiency with FAR, DFARS and its supplements, industry business best practices, and the negotiation of contracts
- Experience with FAR, TINA, CAS and DFARS requirements
- Evaluate the following cost elements: labor, travel, materials, other ODC, overhead, G&A and cost of money
- Develop cost estimates for enhancements to systems and other future system requirements
- Calculate risk of trade off analysis and other studies
- Analyze mission requirements to determine cost parameters and specific cost factors and relationships to be utilized in developing cost models
- Provide technical assistance to functional specialist in identifying and evaluating program cost factors and cost impacts of program alternatives
- Utilize independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload in a high-pace and detail-oriented environment
- 7+ years direct experience in an advanced cost analysis/financial position
- Experience in generating or evaluating: Life Cycle Cost Estimates, Independent Government Estimates, cost input to Acquisition Program Baselines, Business Case Analysis, and Cost as an Independent Variable analysis
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and the Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Strong skills and depth of experience in the development of an array of alternative solutions for program management challenges relating to cost, schedule, production, and fielding
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience working individually as well as organizing and facilitating working groups
- Experience preparing detailed written reports and briefings suitable for presentation to senior level military and corporate leadership, as well as present material orally
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products
- Travel: Up to 5%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A Bachelor's Degree in a related field with 7-10 years of relevant work experience is required (Relevant experience = directly traceable to job description requirements). Education Substitution/Equivalency: High School plus 16 years of directly traceable experience OR Master's Degree and 6 years of directly traceable experience may be considered to fill this position.
- Headquarters Staff experience or similar DoD Program/Project Offices
- Knowledge of the DoD Acquisition process and procurement regulations
- Collection and analysis of information to assess cost, schedule, and performance associated with risk identification and risk management activities
- Experience using Automated Cost Estimating Integrated Tool (ACEIT)
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to "What-if" drills concerning program delays, acceleration in schedule, and cuts/increases to the existing funding profile using ACEIT and offline in Excel
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.