The American Red Cross is a strong network of volunteers, donors and partners who are always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope; our communities are ready and prepared for disasters; everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products; all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
The American Red Cross of Georgia is seeking a Regional Marketing Program Manager to work out of our Metro Atlanta, GA chapter. This full time position will work Monday - Friday with occasional planned and unplanned evenings and weekends based on business need.
This position is a critical component of the American Red Cross regional team and infrastructure. It is responsible for carrying out marketing functions in local markets in partnership with the Humanitarian Services (HS) Marketing team and Regional Communications Team to drive results. This position works to raise the visibility of the Red Cross to help communities understand how to access Red Cross services, support fundraising, Preparedness Health and Safety (PHSS) activities and enrollment. It supports the mission of the organization across all lines of service.
Reporting to the Regional Communication Director, this position works in close collaboration with Humanitarian Services Marketing, to provide marketing support for fundraising, disaster cycle, SAF, biomedical services, health and safety and volunteer management staff. This position is matrixed to the Humanitarian Services Field Marketing Director assigned to the Southeast and Caribbean Division.
1. Strategy: In partnership with the Regional Communication Director and Field Marketing, implements strategic plans and calendars that align with national and regional marketing programs and corporate communication priorities that support service delivery and revenue generation efforts across all lines of service.
2. Marketing Content: Utilizing Brand Central and HS Marketing Field Operations Team, will support the region in the creation of marketing content (either directly or through the supervision of volunteers) and execution of marketing programs that enable them to successfully raise funds, communicate with key constituents and deliver the mission of the American Red Cross in their markets. Utilizing Brand Central and HS Marketing Field Operations Team, will support fundraising staff in the creation of content for donors (either directly or through the supervision of volunteers) Delivers the right content to the right audience at the right time to impact goals.
3. Branding: In partnership with the HS Field Operations Team, serves as the brand ambassador for the region, adhering at all times to Red Cross brand guidelines and holding the Red Cross brand in the highest esteem, leveraging consumer insight data and brand strength research. Utilizes Brand Central and HS Marketing Field Operations Team to develop brand and creative content to support a variety of activities and advertising material used in external publications and media placements.
4. General Marketing: Utilizes various marketing channels to increase local visibility and engage communities in Red Cross programs, services and special events. Identifies regional growth and visibility opportunities for the Red Cross. In partnership with HS Marketing Field Operations Team, will coordinate resources necessary for the delivery of online and direct mail/direct response programs (CDRP).
5. Internal Communications: Serves as a point of integration between the HS Marketing team and the region. Participates in Marketing meetings, calls and trainings to remain informed on critical tactics and strategies and to keep lines of communication open. Works closely with regional staff to enhance and develop local efforts around national campaigns and initiatives. Provides feedback to divisional marketing leadership on successful campaign and revenue strategies as well as practices that exhibit higher than normal performance. Works closely with CDO and development staff to develop marketing strategies for fundraising campaigns, initiatives, and events. Collaborates with the Regional Communications Manager to integrate communications messaging with marketing channels in the market.
6. Management: Develops and sets individual performance goals and manages/drives change. Finds and implements ways to improve or increase the quality and production for the work directed. Manages and leads assigned staff and volunteers. Supervises and delegates responsibilities to marketing volunteers.
Marketing Materials: Create collateral marketing materials including fact sheets, PowerPoint presentations, special events materials.
Project Management: Responsible for marketing projects from concept to final delivery of product.
Social Media: Responsible for social media strategy, posting and monitoring. Manage regional Facebook and Instagram accounts. Develop social media channels and create appropriate content to engage audiences within each platform.
Web: Knowledge of SEO, Adobe and web analytics. Gather stories, photos, and videos for website publication and social media.
Brand: Implement the brand management strategy using the communication and graphics style guides and maintain standards for all collateral.
Work with Sr. Director, Marketing and Communication during disaster seasons to create stories, manage and monitor disasters.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Minimum 5 years marketing experience required. Direct Marketing experience required. Brand & Digital Marketing experience a plus. Account Management experience desirable. A working knowledge across a broad spectrum of marketing functions is required, including Brand and Creative Marketing, Direct Mail and e-Mail Marketing, web-based services and mobile applications. Experience with marketing during major national and international disasters preferred. Must be comfortable using MAP/Convio, Brand Central, website updating tools and other marketing tools.
Management Experience: Minimum 3 years staff management experience. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and persuasively with HS Marketing partners and regional leadership.
Skills and Abilities: Outstanding communication skills (oral and written) required. Strong teamwork and collaboration required.
Other: Demonstrates strong commitment and passion for mission of American Red Cross.
-Strong Interpersonal Communication
-Strong Written and Oral Communications
-Dealing with Ambiguity/learning on the Fly
-Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines at once
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights