The position is a contract to permanent opportunity for a Senior Security Engineer and must be based in Nashville, TN.
As a Senior Security Engineer, you are expected to have advanced knowledge in the responsibilities listed below, gained through both education and extensive work experience. You can be trusted to work independently with limited supervision, and can help define best practices and strategy for your areas of responsibility. You can train lower level professionals, and can effectively coach.
Our client has requested this type of work for a specific project and has engaged Warbird to find the most qualified consultant for the project. Warbird engages talent and expertise across all of our practice areas and assembles experienced teams to solve a wide range of complex, pressing accounting and finance issues. Our consultants typically have 15-25 years plus of industry experience and know firsthand the daily challenges our clients encounter. We fit our consultants' skills to the needs of our clients to ensure a successful experience for all. If you're ready to take on the challenge, then let us help you advance your career in consulting.
- Designing, testing, and implementing secure operating systems, firewalls, and software
- Performing risk assessments on 3rd party applications providing recommendations for application design
- Project Planning: develop and determine project objectives, project phases, tasks, requirements and schedule alongside Project Manager
- Project Execution: Confirm product performance by conducting tests; work with project manager to maintain project schedule through the monitoring of tasks and coordinate resources; ensure that the project implementation is occurring as planned and recommend adjustments as needed
- Reporting and Documentation: Works with project manager to prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; maintain and document the implementation of project detailing all aspects of the implementation
- Common knowledge of typical IT platforms, operating systems, and configuration methods
- Common knowledge of Security threat tactics and prevention and detection techniques
- Common knowledge of system administration concepts
- Previous experience with project management practices
- Security background, with understanding of networking and firewalls
- HOST SECURITY
- Endpoint detection and response (EDR) tools
- Vulnerability Assessment
- NETWORK SECURITY
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Network Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Network-based anomaly detection
- Good critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills and organizational skills
- Strong ability to work on and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to participate in cross-functional training and support
- Ability to work independently
- 3-5 years experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred or relevant experience.
- Appropriate industry certification(s) desired
This role is based in Nashville, TN.
Warbird is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status. E-Verify - Warbird participates in the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/zqv7yx2gvckw9c2c