Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Currently, Moda Health is seeking an Underwriter I. This position Maintains a role in the quoting of medical and dental accounts and in the maintenance of in force business. Works within the Community (2 – 50) Market through interaction with Moda marketing personnel, billing/eligibility and group contact personnel, as well as brokers and consultants.
1.Calculate new business and renewal rates in line with sales and financial goals.2.Effectively communicate underwriting results and concepts to sales and account services staff, management, and external producers.3.Negotiate final rate position with sales and account services staff, provide plan design and/or network options as needed to achieve desired rate position.4.Review workflow and identify ways to improve efficiency of underwriting role.5.Performs other related duties as assigned by Underwriting management.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent specializing in mathematics, liberal arts, or health care industry.
2. Knowledge of health insurance and general product designs, preferred.
3. Strong analytical, verbal, written, and presentation skills.
4. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Spreadsheet, database management and word-processing skills including the ability to understand and develop spreadsheet application.
6. Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines as well assist in managing the workloads of underwriters.
7. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis.
8. Project a professional image and maintain complete confidentiality.