PeopleTec is currently seeking an Contract Specialist to support our Huntsville, AL location.
Candidate provides advice and guidance both acquisition and business policies, processes and procedures. Candidate exercises independent judgment in performance of research, analysis, process improvement, and strategy execution of innovative solutions that offer efficiencies to the acquisition and business management process. Serves as a primary representative on contract related special project teams supports the lead on all acquisition matters, responsible for the analysis, evaluation, approving or redirecting of the strategy, plans, and techniques of pre-award and post-award functions involving highly specialized procurements programs/projects that have been determined by the Department of the Army (DA) to be of such significance that they require intensive management. Candidate will interface between Army Contracting Command (ACC) and the Army Contracting Officer's Representatives (CORs), and Program/Project Managers (PMs) on all matters pertaining to Program and Acquisition Management Office planning and execution tasks. Emphasis is placed on the effective integration of standardized business process improvements. Duties include managing responsible program areas, working with senior personnel, and maintaining an efficient flow of operations to meet mission requirements. Expert analytical ability and skill is used extensively in completing daily duties.
- Candidate serves as an advisor to program officials in procurement planning meetings.
- Advises program officials of the procurement objectives to be used, and assists in the preparation of SOW/SOO/PWS, determination and findings and solicitation documents.
- Advises technical specialists, and management on matters pertaining to contracting and business management policies and procedures, and offers new or innovative solutions that produce efficiencies for the organization.
- Develops solutions to problems when there are uncertainties involving the legislation, authorities and scope of the action resulting from Congressional interest.
- Provides assistance to contracting officer Representatives (CORs) and managers regarding specific situations or problems and upon receipt of changed procedures imposed by high headquarters involving regulations, laws and good business practices.
- The Acquisition Analyst helps CORs and PMs meet their contract requirement objectives, solve problems, answer questions, correct deficiencies in documentation, and evaluate/interpret supporting work.
- Works with the functional area experts and project managers to coordinate and identify acquisition requirements. This is accomplished by fully understanding the mission objectives and ensuring all requirements are fully integrated into the systems architecture.
- Independently gathers requirements, coordinates documents, generates independent government estimates, and determines contracting strategies and objectives to be pursued, taking into account the overall Army and government objectives and considerations such as socioeconomic programs, competition, pricing arrangements, subcontracting, and similar considerations normally requiring the use of innovative and unique acquisitions techniques.
- Analyzes requirements, be able to prepare various statutory determinations such as method of contracting, type of contract, extent of competition, and type of service to name a few.
- Serves as primary interface point with the contracting office during all phases of the acquisition process.
- Develops performance criteria and requirements into sound/sufficient Performance Work Statements (PWS) and/or task orders/defendable justifications for contractors to perform.
- Ensures clear articulation of Government requirements in the development of solicitation documents. Coordinates and works with the functional and technical experts to ensure organizational objectives and information technology architecture requirements are reflected in the contractual documents.
- Coordinates, provides data and guides the Budget Analyst in matters of estimating costs; cost accounting categories and executed funds predicated on contractor invoices and billing/reporting statements.
- Establishes and administers a cost reporting program for tracking and controlling contractor expenditure rate. Reviews solicitation documents with ACC, participates in pre-proposal conferences, obtains information from technical officials and clarifies solicitation requirements, prepares source selection criteria.
- Establishes performance criteria and administers cost reporting program for all acquisition actions. Coordinates the analysis and evaluation of all proposals received.
- Candidate will be responsible for providing authoritative contracting advice, guidance, insight, and direction to all levels of administrative and technical management in matters to include, but not limited to, contract procurement and acquisition policy, procedures, and documentation.
- Candidate conducts highly complex independent reviews of acquisition requirements for computer and/or engineering product and services packages prepared by CORs and PMs prior to submission to the Army Contracting Command (ACC) Contracts Office.
- Packages are reviewed for accuracy, completeness, and feasibility to ensure adherence to established technical and acquisition policies and procedures. If deficiencies and/or omissions are identified through the analysis of acquisition requirements, plans are developed with the program action lead(s) to resolve issues and take appropriate action.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail.
- Will use independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload in a high-pace and detail oriented environment.
- Understanding roles and responsibilities of functional areas.
- Must have demonstrated experience working individually as well as organizing and facilitating working groups.
- Must be able to prepare detailed written reports and briefings suitable for presentation to senior level military and corporate leadership, as well as present material orally.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Travel: 5%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in a related field is required with 10+ years of experience.
- DoD Acquisition Workforce Certification Level III in Contracting.
- Comprehensive knowledge of regulations, DoD Acquisition policies and precedents, program goals and objectives, and work processes of the organizations supported, as well as relationships with other programs within Department of the Army.
- Acquisition Program Management or Contracting Office experience.
- Ability to manage projects, work effectively with others, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Outstanding communication, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.