The highly selective KIPP St. Louis Fellow Teacher Program recruits and trains high performing recent college graduates and career changers to become highly effective classroom teachers. Becoming a KIPP St. Louis Fellow Teacher is a great opportunity for individuals who want to teach but have limited experience leading their own classroom and/or are not certified. You are required coursework to earn the appropriate teaching certification through our partnership with the UMSL residency program or the certification pathway program at another institution of your choosing. The estimated start date for participants of the KIPP St. Louis Fellow Teacher Program is July 20, 2020.
If you firmly believe that all students can learn, if you have a proven willingness to do whatever it takes to disrupt the educational opportunity gap, if you thrive in an environment that is both fast-paced and collaborative, and if you are eager to work alongside passionate educators committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school environment, then apply today!
Position type: Full time, exempt
Curriculum Development and Instruction
● Adapt and execute a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum
● Work with teachers to revise, internalize and occasionally create and implement lessons and develop effective pedagogical strategies;
● Use data to inform instructional decisions
● Work collaboratively with the lead teacher to design, plan, implement and assess student learning
● Lead small group lessons, lead and/or cover classes in teachers absence
Help Build a Positive School and Classroom Culture
● Embody and maintain school’s values, policies, and culture
● Develop positive relationships with students, families, teachers, and staff
● Establish and maintain strong communication with all parents and share progress
● Effectively learn how to supervise and manage a classroom of up to 30 students
● Show up for critical school events, including staff meetings, open houses, parent-teacher conferences and more
Demonstrate a Growth Mindset
● Pursue challenging professional goals each year
● Give and receive positive and constructive feedback with your colleagues
● Participate in school-wide and individual professional development
The following are required of KIPP St. Louis teachers:
Click the bold to see a detailed review of the program!
KIPP St. Louis is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, public charter schools offering a choice to families and a college-preparatory education to children in St. Louis city. Our mission is to serve as a catalyst for education reform by establishing and supporting a world-class network of public schools that develop in all of our students the knowledge, skills, character, and pursuit of excellence necessary to succeed in high-quality high schools and colleges and the world beyond.
KIPP St. Louis currently educates over 2,000 students and at full growth, we will educate nearly 3,600 students and hundreds of alumni. Today, our St. Louis network is comprised of two middle schools, three elementary schools, and a high school:
Click the bold to check out our KIPP St. Louis video and to learn more about KIPP St. Louis Public Schools!
At KIPP St. Louis we take care of our employees. We provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits including:
On-going professional development opportunities:
Weekly coaching sessions
Weekly school-based professional development
Five in-person PD days during the year for all KIPP St. Louis teachers
If you are interested in working at KIPP St. Louis, please visit our website to find out how to apply!
KIPP St. Louis is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying for employment at our school. KIPP St. Louis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.