The College of Lake County is currently looking to fill our PT Flex – Baxter Lab Assistant role.The Laboratory Specialist under the supervision of the Dean or Associate Dean, and working closely with the faculty lab supervisors, performs the following tasks: operate and maintain all equipment needed for laboratory operations. Monitor student intern projects, provide intern training towards certification, assist other students as necessary. Help supervise student workers. Maintain the inventory of supplies and equipment. Develop projects for training activities and outreach demonstrations.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. This position requires an Associate Degree in electronics, engineering, technology, or a combination of commensurate professional experience and formal training plus laboratory experience.
2. Knowledge of rapid prototyping equipment necessary.
3. Good organizational skills, supervisory skills and ability to prioritize work required.
4. Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Experience supervising student workers
2. Experience repairing laboratory or shop equipment
3. Woodworking and/or metalworking shop experience
4. Technical writing proficiency
5. Experience developing and executing lab safety protocol
This is a part-time flex position and employment shall be on an at-will basis, the duration of which shall be in accordance with the needs of the College of Lake County.
Part-time flex employees are not eligible to participate in any benefits program at the College, including tuition reimbursement, tuition waiver, health insurance or paid time off.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V