- Reports to: Director, Public Lands
- Staff reporting to this position: None
- Department: Energy and Environment
- Position classification: Exempt, full time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Research Assistant for Public Lands to conduct research and analysis related to land, water, and wildlife policy. The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills, an attention to detail, and familiarity with energy and environmental policy.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct and support research and analysis on conservation and energy issues in coordination with American Progress’ Energy and Environment team.
- Help develop a range of written products to influence the policy debate on public lands, including memos, reports, rapid-response statements, op-eds, and social media.
- Perform light administrative duties, such as helping track publications and timelines and coordinating meetings.
- Develop expertise in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- At least one year of professional experience in energy and/or environmental policy.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a team setting.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70. This position is budgeted for $46K.