Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Solutions Manager is responsible for developing and configuring integrated GIS and data visualization solutions for Red Cross business processes. RC View is the American Red Cross’s situational awareness and incident management system. It consists of several Esri ArcGIS tools and systems such as Survey123, WebApps, Operations Dashboards, and Story Maps. The solutions manager will work with Red Cross business units and the RC View development and configuration team to create ArcGIS maps, apps, and other information products and solutions to support decision-making and enable innovation. The manager will work closely with Red Cross program owners to identify, design, implement, and certify GIS workflows for the RC View platform; complete hands-on configuration projects; provide guidance and best practices; and implement Esri technology in conjunction with the Red Cross’ vision.
This position is responsible for the successful development of major disaster information products and tools within RC View, and for providing strategy and leadership to the RC View development and configuration team.
Drivers for this work include: Volume and degree of RC View tools needed, the level of knowledge and degree of adoption of information management systems by Red Cross personnel, as well as the work needed to continue to run and maintain these tools as program needs evolve over time.
This position works closely with key stakeholders across Red Cross programs and supervises the RC View development and configuration staff and volunteers within the team. The key role in this position is to direct and ensure completion of RC View development and configuration activities that meet business needs.
- Serves as the GIS systems development and configuration lead for RC View (Esri) COTS (Customizable off the shelf) tools.
- Partners with Humanitarian Services information technology team members and stakeholders to ensure development of RC View tools in line with established strategies and plans as well as technical requirements (hosting, access control, and security standards).
- Leads, supports and facilitates the development of RC View (Esri) tools to meet business operational and service delivery needs.
- Develops and adapts tools and products that are in line with the Red Cross geospatial data strategy and helps implement that strategy in newly configured tools and products.
- Manages workflows, LOE generation and resource management for RC View development and configuration staff and volunteers. Delegates and manages work assigned to those individuals to ensure completion.
- Manages employees and volunteers in temporary, term limited, and permanent positions, or T&M contracted resources, as assigned.
- Assists in the prioritization of enhancement requests with program owners to best meet business needs, while balancing workload so that timelines and project deadlines can be met.
- Supports ongoing engagement, learning and familiarity with new ESRI product offerings for development and configuration staff and volunteers.
- Supports the development of RC View (Esri) capacity and capability within the Red Cross through the engagement of configuration staff and volunteers as well as business process owners.
Masters degree or bachelor’s degree with relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, geospatial sciences, information management or information technology or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 7-10 years experience in GIS, information management, or other related field required.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience.
- 2+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online).
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Runtime and their associated APIs or interfaces.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud.
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platform
- Experience in multiple IT areas, including performance data systems.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Demonstrated skillset for applying the ESRI software product suite, including ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Demonstrated ability to configure Esri apps, dashboards and other information products.
- Proficiency in GIS operations including data editing, querying techniques, information product development and cartography.
- Able to identify business needs and meet them with Esri solutions.
- Demonstrated success with IT projects, technology use and development, change management, business case development.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers.
- Ability to work well with volunteers, field staff, and executive management.
- Proven track record of collaboration, facilitation, and leadership.
- Strong consultative, persuasive and presentation skills.
- Individual must be analytical, customer oriented, organized, and able to operate with an orientation toward strategic visioning as well as day to day management of project work.
This position requires familiarity with the following specific areas of knowledge:
- Business process management,
- SharePoint and other Microsoft products,
- Red Cross programs and procedures,
- Emergency management practices.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights