Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
The Sr. Associate, Solutions Development executes the configuration of Esri COTS (Customizable off the Shelf) tools for RC View, the American Red Cross’s situational awareness and incident management system. RC View consists of several implementations of Esri ArcGIS tools and systems such as Survey123, WebApps, Operations Dashboards, Story Maps and other tools on the Esri platform. The incumbent will develop tools that bring a series of capabilities, including maps, apps, data and people together to make smarter decisions and enable innovation.
Drivers for this work include: Volume and degree of RC View tools needed to establish and manage and execute Red Cross programs, the level of knowledge and degree of adoption of information management systems by Red Cross personnel, as well as the work needed to continue to run and maintain these tools and systems as Red Cross program needs evolve over time.
The position reports to and receives personnel development from the GIS Solutions Manager.
This position works closely with key stakeholders across Red Cross programs, and with their volunteer counterparts. The key role in this position is to ensure that appropriate tools are developed on time, and within scope that meets the business need.
- Develops and configures RC View (Esri) tools, apps and information products to meet business operational and service delivery needs.
- Supports ongoing engagement, learning and familiarity with new product offerings for configuration staff and volunteers.
- Supports the development of RC View capacity and capability within the Red Cross through the engagement of other solutions development staff and volunteers.
- Assists in the prioritization of enhancements requests with program owners to best meet the needs of the field, while balancing workload so that timelines and project deadlines can be met.
- Documents hours spent in configuration on projects by category, task and level of complexity.
Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience is required. Degree in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, geospatial science, information management, information technology, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in GIS, geospatial science, information management, or related field is required.
- Experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online).
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS, and ArcGIS Runtime and their associated APIs or interfaces
- Experience integrating software solutions with other business systems including data warehousing, BI, CRM, ERP, and analytics platform.
Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency using Esri ArcGIS products, including ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS portal to produce figures, maps, apps or other information products for decision making or public consumption.
- Proficiency managing data in relational database, working with mobile field data collection applications (e.g. ESRI Collector, Survey 123), processing, and integrating field data into GIS.
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Demonstrated success with IT projects.
- Ability to work well with volunteers, field staff, and executive management.
- Proven track record of collaboration and product delivery on schedule.
- Effective communication in office and remote environments
- Individual must be analytical, customer oriented, organized, and able to operate with an orientation toward day to day management of project workload.
This position requires familiarity with the following specific areas of knowledge:
- Business process management,
- Data Management and Infrastructure,
- SharePoint and other Microsoft products,
- Red Cross programs and procedures,
- Emergency management practices.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights