Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
We are currently seeking an Aquatics Examiner in Nashville, TN. There is some flexibility on the location of our Aquatics Examiners as long as they are close to a major airport. This is a part-time, on-call position working a variable schedule to include weekdays, evenings and weekends. This position requires at least 3.5 consecutive days of availability each week from May 1st through August 31st. This position will involve travel for multiple days regionally and may also involve nationwide travel.
Aquatic Examiners are a key part of the American Red Cross Aquatic Examiner Service. They are front-line individuals who visit aquatic facilities across the country and provide direct services to these sites. Their feedback and reports assist management of aquatic facilities in developing procedures that recognize aquatic hazards and outline effective responses to aquatic emergencies.
- Recording video of on-duty lifeguards both in an undercover capacity and while lifeguards demonstrate skills.
- Reviewing aquatic facility documentation related to lifeguard operations.
- Evaluating lifeguard performance in surveillance and emergency response skills on the job through on-site lifeguarding evaluations.
- Preparing reports and completing evaluation forms, as required.
- Identifying areas where aquatic facilities could improve lifeguarding operations and performance based on the American Red Cross Lifeguarding program.
- Conducting in-service training sessions and/or aquatic emergency action plan drills.
- Assisting the Aquatics Program Specialist in coordinating and conducting the annual lifeguarding operations assessment and report as needed.
- Mentoring new Aquatic Examiners in training.
- Associate’s degree required or relevant experience. Prefer BS Degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a lifeguard.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a lifeguard supervisory role.
- Current certifications: American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor, American Red Cross Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED, American Red Cross Lifeguard Management.
- Three years’ experience teaching American Red Cross, or equivalent, Lifeguarding courses: at least one within the past year.
- If Aquatic Examiners will evaluate lifeguards at a waterfront or water park, they must have the basic-level certification in the appropriate course.
- Knowledgeable about the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Program and Aquatic Examiner Service, local and state regulations regarding lifeguard operations.
- Have excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate video equipment.
- Ability to effectively demonstrate, evaluate and remediate Lifeguarding skills to the American Red Cross standard.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel regionally and nationally up to 100% of the time.
- American Red Cross Administering Emergency Oxygen, American Red Cross Lifeguard Management
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Trainer
- American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer
Ability to travel 75%+. Able to work long days. Adaptable to teaching in multiple, variable environments. Physical-ability to lift up to 50 pounds, get in and out of pools multiple times during the course of a training, carry equipment variable distances to get it in and out of pool facility.
**When submitting applications, please upload certifications along with your resume.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights