Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
This position can work remotely from anywhere in the USA.
The IT Asset and Configuration Manager plays a key role in Red Cross’s security and financial controls related to IT assets by overseeing the planning and day to day operation and maintenance of the IT Configuration Management System (CMS) and associated processes, standards, methods and tools. They are responsible for collection and maintenance of attribute and relationship information for IT end point and infrastructure assets and reporting and planning activities in support of Red Cross Business Unit and IT strategies. They provide subject matter expertise and employ best practices in the areas of IT asset, configuration and change management. They liaise with and support Red Cross business unit, project and IT end user support staff and volunteers to provide and continuously improve IT asset information integrity and accuracy. They must have exemplary written and communication skills and a proven record of high-quality work and information management and reporting capabilities.
Reporting to the Senior Director, IT End User Services-Cross-functional Services, the IT Asset and Configuration Manager:
- Owns, manages and improves the IT Configuration Management System (CMS) in line with agree-upon scope of the IT Asset and Configuration Management processes, function, assets and configuration items to control and information to be recorded
- Develops and maintains IT Asset and Configuration Management principles, standards, plans and procedures, and their implementation within the agreed upon scope
- Ensures correct organizational use and adoption and conducts awareness campaigns to win support for IT Asset and Configuration Management standards, plans, processes and procedures; publicizes and oversees implementation of new scope and improvements
- Interfaces with customers, vendors, internal and external stakeholders, and strategic partners to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of IT Asset and Configuration Management operations and processes
- Identifies and recommends improvements; ensuring that changes to IT Asset and Configuration Management processes, standards, methods and tools are properly approved and communicated to staff before being implemented
- Provides guidance and answers questions; arranges and provides training for staff, contractors and volunteers
- Plans population of the Asset and Configuration Management Databases; manages the Asset and Configuration databases, libraries and tools; ensures regular housekeeping of the Asset and Configuration databases and interfaces.
- Establishes new and administer existing automated interfaces/integrations with external systems to collect, reconcile and maintain CMS information
- Manages end to end tracking of IT assets from procurement through to disposal
- Develops IT asset naming standards and ensures organizational compliance with those standards
- Collects and maintain Red Cross system data classification information provided by Information Security
- Provides management and other processes with steering information and reports based on run and maintain, project, Finance, audit and executive needs
- Assists auditors with auditing the activities of the Asset and Configuration Management function for compliance with established procedures; ensures corrective actions are and remediation actions are implemented
- Evaluates existing Asset and Configuration Management systems and the design, implementation and management of new/improved systems for efficiency and effectiveness, including estimating and planning work and resources involved and monitoring and reporting on progress against plans.
- Participates in the evaluation of new Asset and Configuration Management tools and provides input and recommendations of those that best meet the organization’s budget, resource, timescale and technical requirements
- Proposes and/or agrees interfaces with Change Management, problem management, network management, release management, computer operations, logistics, finance and administration functions
- Builds partnerships and teamwork with other managers across IT and the business
- Willingly accepts responsibility for new challenges outside their daily tasks
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with 5 or more years of experience with IT in a large, complex enterprise environment, or its equivalent, required. ITIL v3 certification. 5-8 years technical experience - preferably in an IT asset and configuration management Subject Matter Expert (SME) role desired.
Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite applications, MS-SQL and IT Services Management (ITSM) and IT asset auto-discovery tools and methods. Experience working in FDA- or financial industry-regulated environments. Solid understanding of ITIL framework and demonstrated proficiency in the ITIL v3 processes. IAITAM or Microsoft certifications a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Process oriented and customer service focused
- Proven technical skills, background and experience
- Ability to write processes and procedures surrounding best practices
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and innovatively solve problems
- Proven ability to analyze and report on various levels of data and metrics
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively in verbal and written format, and in an articulate and diplomatic manner across all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with and participation in Project Management methods and processes
- Capability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously
- Ability to identify data patterns that do not adhere to Policy or Procedure standards or requirements
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the position. Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights