The Integrated Genetics Division is seeking a Cytogenetics Technologist Trainee or Technologist to join their Cytogenetics team! Assays performed in the Cytogenetics Department utilize a variety of scientific techniques, including specimen culturing, slide preparation, and chromosome analysis.
Participate in LabCorp's in-house training program for the field of Cytogenetics. Receive in depth training and preparation for the ASCP board examination and certification. Training program is a two year commitment and requires signing a training reimbursement agreement.
This position will have first shift hours from Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm.
- Performing culture initiation, harvesting of cells, staining slides from amniotic fluid, peripheral blood, CVS and POC specimens
- Analysis of chromosomes, which may include imaging and karyotyping of cytogenetic specimens, and running of the automated metaphase finder
- Review test requisitions to gather pertinent details for analysis as needed and summarizes test results utilizing ISCN nomenclature
- Performing QA/QC duties in the lab
- Performing routine preventative maintenance on lab equipment
- B.A./B.S. in Biology or relatable life science
- 1 year of clinical OR research lab experience preferred, but not required at Technologist Trainee level
- 1 year of clinical experience required at Technologist level
- Cytogenetics experience is preferred, but not required