The Oregon Health Authority (OHA) – Health Systems Division (HSD) is seeking to hire a Business Office Support Coordinator (Administrative Specialist 2) located in Salem, Oregon. This position provides administrative and technical support with interpreting laws, rules, program policies and procedures for HSD staff and managers.
What you will do!
The majority of work performed in this position is briefly described below.
Business Office policy/procedure activities and assignments
- Interpret rules and laws related to business office functions
- Identify issues with policy or procedure and research appropriate course of action
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws to reach objectives
- Prepare statistical reports related to business office functions and processes
- Perform all facets regarding record retention and archiving process, procedure and policy
- Research policies for staff and managers
- Assist office manager and records retention officer
- Be informed and up-to-date with archiving process
What we are looking for!
- Two years of experience as an administrative specialist or executive support specialist which included administrative support for a project, program, or operation;
an equivalent combination of training and experience.
One year of post-secondary education may be substituted for up to one year of the experience. It is highly recommended that you attach your transcripts if using this option.
- Proficiency using software such as Word, Excel, Workday to perform daily duties;
- Experience dealing with unfriendly/hostile people on occasion by virtue of the programs’ controversial purpose;
- Experience communicating in written or verbal formats with audiences of varying levels of program knowledge;
- Experience using basic research and analysis principles to compile program statistical information;
- Experience with making independent judgments and decisions concerning appropriate courses of action, to include interpreting rules and laws;
- Experience with the state’s records retention and archiving process and procedure;
- Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
***NOTE: Administrative support are those duties beyond clerical/secretarial such as: interpretation of laws, rules and regulations, administrative data collections and analyses, and evaluation of projects, processes and operations.***