The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Engineer with strong Mainframe skills to join an excellent team, develop important eligibility systems and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will provide expert consultation to management, IT staff and other staff. In a leadership role, you will conduct comprehensive analysis, planning, development, implementation and coordination for the operations, maintenance, installation and construction of information systems.
In this role, your primary focus will be on a project related to the agency’s Integrated Eligibility / Medical Eligibility systems.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Development and Technologies. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Development and Technologies. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Development and Technologies. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Mainframe Development and Technologies. OR (e) A Doctor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Strong working knowledge of methods and procedures for designing, developing, monitoring and maintaining databases.
- Experience with tools for constructing database structures.
- Experience using automation products that support a variety of data management environments.
- Experience administering and managing comprehensive, multi-system projects including directing and motivating internal staff, contractors and other participants.
- Ability to identify the scope and complexity of a project and to assign project segments to others.
- Experience assigning and reviewing the work of others to determine accuracy of identified conditions, criteria, recommendations and supported materials.
- Experience developing agreements and contracts.
- Experience developing policies and procedures.
- Analytical skills to assess organizational needs and implement cost-effective solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
Software-Web Development, Software-System Architecture, General-Other: IT-Software Development, Enterprise Software Implementation & Consulting, Systems-Process Engineering