POSITION: Caminos Program Case Manager – Caminos West
POSITION RESPONSIBLE TO: Caminos West Lead Case Manager
CATEGORY OF EMPLOYMENT: Salaried/Exempt
Position Summary: Assesses the needs of unaccompanied children in care, develops Individual Service Plans, screens for human trafficking concerns, facilitates the safe and timely release or discharge of children and youth and documents the provision of services in case files.
- Acts as a primary point of contact and liaison for the youth, family, identified sponsors and external agencies
- Responsible for the completion of admission requirements, assessments and Individual Service Plans within regulatory timeframes and including participation of the youth, family and potential sponsors.
- Coordinates the timely collection and completion of required documentation for youth in care.
- Ensures that the youth received the full range of services identified in the ISP in an integrated and comprehensive manner.
- Provides assessment of the relationship between the youth and the sponsor, utilizing safe screening methods to ensure that the identified sponsor is an appropriate placement for the youth.
- Provides direct assistance to the sponsor to ensure thorough completion of documentation required for timely release of the youth.
- Creates required time sensitive reports and documentation of progress toward discharge
- Provides daily, weekly and monthly submission of required updates to internal and external team members.
- Facilitate regular case management meetings for individuals, groups and families.
- Coordinate with the Board of Child Care staff members and community resources to address the youths service needs.
- Evaluate the child’s/youth’s/family’s progress toward goal attainment on a designated basis in line with individual service planning and discharge plan goals.
- Responsible for taking the lead role in making transfer and release recommendations, as well as coordinating the release of youth from care in accordance with regulatory timeframes.
- Maintain effective working relationships with families, children/youth, colleagues, consultants and community agencies
- Complete required documentation and reports within the defined time lines
- Ensure assigned case records meet documentation standards as defined by both federal and state regulations
- Ability to respond effectively to a fast paced work environment, to include but not limited to: comprehension and implementation of frequent policy updates, procedure changes and data requests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and familiarity with both Board of Child Care and Office of Refugee Resettlement Policy and Procedures relating to the care and supervision of Unaccompanied Children. This includes knowledge of legal background and authority governing the practice as related to working with Unaccompanied Children.
- Provide in ratio supervision of youth as required.
- Identify supervision and /or professional training needs to supervisor as they arise
- Perform other duties, as requested, to achieve agency goals
- Identify supervision and/or professional training needs to supervisor as they arise.
- Accurate Listening
- Attitude toward Honesty
- Commitment to the Job
- Consistency and Reliability
- Emotional Control
- Empathetic Outlook
- Handling Stress
- Human Awareness
- Practical Thinking
- Relating to Others
- Role Awareness
- Frequent Interaction with Others
- Bilingual Capabilities
Supervisory Responsibility: Not Applicable
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
In the nature of being at a residential and school living environment there may be times you experience conditions in which challenging behavior can be exhibited from our youth to include but not limited to, physical agitation, physical violence and/or emotion outburst.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. This position regularly requires flexible work hours based on the needs of the program to include evening and weekend work. Eligible for flex schedule. Non-essential for inclement weather.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral sciences, human services or social services fields.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English
Preferred Education and Experience
- Child Welfare and/or case management experience preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to effectively express ideas clearly and concisely, orally ad in writing; computer literate.
- Able to develop effective behavioral interventions and strategic using sound, objective decision making.
- Ability to organize staffing and therapeutic programming.
- Able to engage children in positive decision making.
- Ability to supervise staff to ensure they engage children in a positive and effective manner.
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Support BCC’s core values of safety, integrity, empathy and impact through their behaviors.
- CPR/First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License
- Federal and State Fingerprinting Background Checks
- Drug screening (Pre-Employment and Random)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.