3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You’ll Make in this Role
As a Senior Corporate Paralegal, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Supporting corporate M&A team on a broad range of issues related to acquisitions, divestitures, minority investments, and acquisition integrations.
- Assisting with legal due diligence, including reviewing and summarizing disclosures schedules and virtual data rooms, conducting lien searches, gathering publicly available information.
- Gathering and organizing relevant information about 3M businesses to be divested; creating and maintaining virtual data rooms; preparing ancillary transaction documents, including disclosure schedules, closing certificates, consents, powers of attorney, etc.
- Managing preparation, organization, and distribution of signature pages; preparing and maintaining transaction checklists; attending to signing/closing logistics and closing sets.
- Serving as resource for broader 3M business and legal teams on M&A process.
- Providing work direction and guidance, as appropriate, to assigned support personnel, or vendors on specified projects that may originate at the direction of an attorney.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Paralegal Certification from an ABA approved program
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited institution
- Two (2) years corporate paralegal experience
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Five(5) years or more of corporate paralegal experience in securities and M&A
- Project management experience
- Experience with e-Collaboration tools
- Strong written/oral communication and organization skills, and keen attention to detail
- Able to work independently, and collaboratively, as a member of a team
Travel: May include up to 5% domestic
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).