The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Application Developer with strong .NET Skills to join an excellent team, develop important Public Health Applications and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a .Net Developer, you will be responsible for developing systems in use by business partners to conduct their day to day work. In this role, you will be part of a team that provides technical expertise and leadership to develop, integrate and implement Public Health information custom systems.
Additionally, you will be assigned work in terms of program and project objectives, priorities and timelines and will consult with supervisors, architects and team leads to resolve policy questions and problems in coordinating cross-functional activities. Your work will be subject to technical and administrative control with reviews based on program and project accomplishments and adherence to policies, directives and desired results. You will be part of a team that supports mostly Public Health applications.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- (a) Five (5) years of information systems experience in Application Development. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Application Development. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Application Development. OR (d) A Master’s degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience and ability to develop new .NET applications from beginning to end as well as maintaining existing .NET applications
- 1-3 years of experience with Microsoft Software Development technology stacks, such as: .NET, IIS, Visual Studio and SQL Server.
- Experience using .NET Core.
- Experience and willingness to regularly participate in assisting with the development of business use cases, user stories or other agile software development requirements gathering and documentation methodologies.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL, database design and modeling theory and the T-SQL query language.
- Ability to take high level, customer driven ideas and turn them into actionable software requirements.
- Experience using modern source control systems, testing practices, code and design review tools and processes such as ADOS, JIRA, GIT and Subversion.
- Knowledge and experience with current Information Technology frameworks such as ITIL, PMBOK, Agile, DevOps etc.
- Good presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience and desire to work in a development team environment.
- Good problem-solving skills and experience.
- Solid understanding and experience using a formal Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Ability to work with some guidance when performing complex development functions, establishing personal work priorities, resolving issues in alignment with unit’s technical standards, practices, frameworks and paradigms.
- Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
Software-Web Development, Software-System Architecture, General-Other: IT-Software Development